FSX/P4D : KCFS Seabee Redux is out! Many fixes and improveme - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSX/P4D : KCFS Seabee Redux is out! Many fixes and improveme

Thank you to both of you! The reflection on the radio screens look much better in P3Dv4...
    I had a quick flight yesterday between Hanko and Turku, Finland, and after starting from a cold and dark status (saved flight with default C172) I lost all electrical devices after 10/15min.
    I suspect that the battery got depleted since there is no generator switch.
    Could you please check if this happens to you too?
    Anyway, I’ll add a bit of code that syncs the FSX-engine generator with the battery switch (and the bearing of the gyro drift adjust in the corresponding tooltip), just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekelekou View Post
    Thank you to both of you! The reflection on the radio screens look much better in P3Dv4...

I had a quick flight yesterday between Hanko and Turku, Finland, and after starting from a cold and dark status (saved flight with default C172) I lost all electrical devices after 10/15min.

I suspect that the battery got depleted since there is no generator switch.

Could you please check if this happens to you too?

Anyway, I’ll add a bit of code that syncs the FSX-engine generator with the battery switch (and the bearing of the gyro drift adjust in the corresponding tooltip), just in case.
    I haven't run into that, but haven't done a "cold & dark" yet. Starting from default start and changing aircraft, due to a problem that required a return to/rebuild of default .cfg. Will setup a "cold & dark" tonight and try.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

As an appetizer, here is the changelog of the incoming Redux v2 :

- Gear and Flaps levers animations now match the markings on the floor, corrected tooltips
    - The G keystroke triggers the handpump just like a left-click on the handpump lever, so that gear and flaps actuation is possible without focusing on the lever
    - The standard events triggered by the keystrokes G (toggle landing gear), F5, F6, F7 and F8 (full or incremented lowering or raising of flaps) are disabled. Please use the reallife procedure explained below.
    - Documentation of the deletion of the passenger model
    - Visual improvement of the radio background texture to match the panel overall style.
    - Hand pump and gear locking sounds toned down a bit...
    - Aircraft data updated in aircraft.cfg : empty weight corrected to 2190lb and rendering of the lack of aileron and rudder trim (aileron_trim_effectiveness and rudder_trim_effectiveness changed from 1.0 to 0.0 in [flight_tuning] section), no more autopilot
    - Generator is now synced to the battery switch to avoid battery depletion
    - The "Gyro Drift Adjust" tooltip gives the needle position in deg
    - The Kohlsman tooltip gives the setting in both inHg and hPa

Sorry, have not had time to try a longer flight. Looks like you have the fix in the next release, so I'll try it when released, hopefully for the weekend.

Looks lke the update will have most everything covered. Looking forward to it.

Now, if we could get som eof the repainters interested in a few skins for this interesting aircraft. There are a lot of interesting schemes out there. Unfortunately, I still have trouble getting my "brick" painted properly.

I have plenty of pictures of the 1st one, N64PN.

The last one, N6478K, was N64PN before rebuild started.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N64PN Pete Norman 2015.jpg   Miller Monarch.jpg   N6487K-01-640.jpg  
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE
    Version 2 is out. Please refer to the v2 thread instead.

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Sorry, have not had time to try a longer flight. Looks like you have the fix in the next release, so I'll try it when released, hopefully for the weekend.

Looks lke the update will have most everything covered. Looking forward to it.

Now, if we could get som eof the repainters interested in a few skins for this interesting aircraft. There are a lot of interesting schemes out there. Unfortunately, I still have trouble getting my "brick" painted properly.

I have plenty of pictures of the 1st one, N64PN.

The last one, N6478K, was N64PN before rebuild started.
    After looking in my KCFS Seabee folder, N64PN is already done, by "OleBoy" here at SOH, back in 2011. He did 6 repaints. JanKees also did 10 paints,, that I found on avsim.com
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Hi

Here is my first repaint for KC Seabee, i made this few years ago but now i desided to upload this repaint here SOH.

Members who have read this thread: 0