Coronavirus Hysteria (Again)

Thread: Coronavirus Hysteria (Again)

Hybrid View

Coronavirus Hysteria (Again)

The Australian GP might be a non-starter unless Pirelli, Ferrari and STR (I'm sticking with original!) get moving right now.
    The expected travel ban from Italy to be posted by the Federal Government this Weekend would prevent both race teams and Pirelli race personnel from entering Australia.

Options are not ideal and include a 16 car field, with no points and no inclusion in the 2020 season, a postponement which would be awkward given the length of the season and the continual spread of Covid 19, or just a straight out cancellation which would give the vociferous 'Anti GP' minority further fodder to push their case, particularly the financial costs to Victoria.
    The Victorian State Government weenies are most unhappy with Canberra and IMHO the Feds (who couldn't find their own sphincters without a GPS and a flashlight!) are attempting to gain the credibility they lost due to the Drought/Fires/Irrigation Water Sales fiasco, by being 'seen to be doing something' in the middle of the 'Pandemic' that isn't.

Of course, if those under threat of being forced to stay away managed to get into the country prior to 'SlowMo and the Seven Dwarves' grab for public approval becomes 'Law' the AGP may well take place.........but frankly I could care less.

Unfortunate that those who do enjoy the weekend circus and the keen ones who've already paid up the extortionate attendance prices are probably screwed, but it also places a large question mark over rest of the season.
    Liberty must be really pissed!!!!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix has been cancelled due to coronavirus concerns, but event organisers say they are hopeful they will manage to run the event "at some later stage".

• The Grand Prix Corporation said the decision was made in the interests of safety
    • Earlier, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said if the race was to go ahead it would be spectator-free
    • The announcement followed the McLaren team's decision to pull out after a staffer tested positive for COVID-19

Organisers made the decision following updated medical advice from Victoria's chief health officer.

At a press conference just before midday, Australian Grand Prix Corporation chairman Paul Little apologised to fans for the sudden cancellation.

"The health and safety and welfare of the teams and people, the community generally, has to take precedence … and we look forward to hopefully being able to run this event at some later stage," he said.
    Organiser have said all ticket holders will receive a full refund.

TOLD YOU SO!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

In August we will have a daily race and the complete season will be compressed into one month......

Cheers,
    Huub

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Looks like all FIA sanctioned events until the end of May will be postponed or cancelled... So the F1 season could start in Baku on June 7th.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Atlanta and Homestead NASCAR races has been postponed as well...

Members who have read this thread: 0