This weekend!

Thread: This weekend!

This weekend!

Round 1 of MotoGP and Honda are not looking good after the final pre-season testing, not necessarily a bad thing.

Phillip Island Classics as well.......might try for all three days myself.
    The 934 will be my choice of transport as well.

I imagine the paddock will be full off assorted 'Holdens'.
    Guess I should go buy a few extra flash cards........
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

It has been reported that this event and the next one in Thailand have both been cancelled due to CoVid-19 concerns...

Confirmed, but hey WorldSBK was great this past weekend at Phillip Island.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

QATAR:
    "Moto2™ and Moto3™ will begin their 2020 seasons at the Grand Prix of Qatar this weekend as we get set for what promises to be a great weekend of two-wheel action in the intermediate and lightweight classes."
    THAILAND:
    "As the global outbreak of coronavirus continues to develop, the Thai government has communicated that it won’t be possible to hold the OR Thailand Grand Prix on its original date. The FIM, IRTA and Dorna therefore regret to announce that the event, due to be held on the 22nd of March in Buriram, has been postponed.

The FIM, IRTA and Dorna are currently evaluating if an alternative date is possible for the event later this season.
    Further updates will be published as soon as available."

If the two junior categories are running in Qatar I'm not sure why the senior class aren't, as the entire field has been in Qatar for several days for the final pre-season tests.
    I suppose running any sporting event in countries with mediocre health and sanitation systems will be effected, China being one of course, as well as several marginal venues.
    With the announcement of the cancellation of the 'Olympic Games' pending the next 12 months should see a reduction in sporting events around the planet

And yes, the Super-bikes were worth the ride to Pi and back!

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I often wonder at so-called 'Event Organisers' mental capacity!
    The Historic weekend at Philip Island has always been run on this long weekend in March, a well known event particularly in the Bay area.
    So what idiot(s) decided to schedule the 'Tyabb Air Show' on the same weekend.
    Then again, Tyabb Airfield is owned by the Tyabb Aero Club and said 'Aero Club Committee' is operated by a trio of somewhat unlikable persons,
    perhaps the idea is to attempt to poach spectators from Philip Island to Tyabb?
    Stupidity reigns!!

Members who have read this thread: 0