Supermarine Spitfire PR XI update/enhanced for Fs9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supermarine Spitfire PR XI update/enhanced for Fs9

Supermarine Spitfire PR XI update/enhanced for Fs9

Hi Folks,
    I have been beavering away on Chris Lampard's excellent PR XI Spit. Adding a full working VC, new pilot with auto movement as though he's scanning the sky and his instruments, now with a slipper fuel tank choice, a few LOD's to help and loads of tweaks etc.

Just uploaded.....http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=26388

Cheers

Shessi

PS. OH YES, AND PLEASE DONATE...NOW!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spit PRXI 1.jpg  

A thing of beauty, i remember that model when it was first released, thanks for your effort's,
    you were saying about burning out

Its absolutely brillant! Thanks for all the effort

Out-Bloody-Standing!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thank you Shessi. I had this aircraft installed from the day it was released, but I hardly flew it mainly because of the lack of a VC. So that should be solved now.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ian..I know, I know..ha ha!

A and W, glad you like it, it is all down to the brilliance of Chris Lampard though, mine's just icing.

And agreed Huub, that's why I did it, it was crying out for one, along with a good pilot. Which I'm especially please with doing the timed animation on.

Could I have peoples thoughts on that pilot timed animation please? Good/bad, realistic/not, too much/too little/just right etc? Thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

An obvious question: will you release this for FSX/P3Dv4 as you did with the Bf-109D?

Cheers,

Priller

Question

Hi Pips,
    Have you tried it in FSX yet? As it should be ok there...

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

No, because I use P3D v4.5 only. (and Cliffs of Dover, but that is a different beast altogether)

Priller

Looking forward to this one!

Thank you! (Yet again)

Hi Shessi, she's a big hit with me, the animation for the Pilot is just right, At first, i thought there was something wrong with the VC but i could'nt put my fingure on it, its just come to me, there's no gun sight, its a PR model Im used to all my Spits with a Gun sight good work

Pips, Ill take a look.

Ian, Mick
    Thanks, and for the pilot comment.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Hi Shessi, she's a big hit with me, the animation for the Pilot is just right, At first, i thought there was something wrong with the VC but i could'nt put my fingure on it, its just come to me, there's no gun sight, its a PR model Im used to all my Spits with a Gun sight good work
    IIRC the PR models had some kind of sighting line for the camera painted on the canopy ?

ttfn

Pete

A bit late but.......When you mentioned the pilot had an animated head, I expected something like the Fokker D.VII pilot by Stuart Green. You really wonder whether this pilot knows what is in front of him .

But Shessi, you did a perfect job with this animation. Not too much and very natural. So well done

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for that Huub.

Pete,
    I've never heard of that, but maybe? The thing is that these cameras were very wide angle, so there would not be any real need for a sight, you just fly past something, and as long as it's parallel to the side of your ac, you've got a photo!

For me the best photo of this is the experimental Wurzburg radar station at Bruneval. It was taken by a PR Spit side camera, in one pass at high speed! And we know what happen after that....

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    IIRC the PR models had some kind of sighting line for the camera painted on the canopy ?

ttfn

Pete
    a small cross on the canopy a white line near the aileron line up the two with the target and press the camera ,I believe

Hey shessi, cant believe i didnt notice before but the elevator animation doesnt work. export issue id say

anels9,
    First thing I do with any new aircraft is check out all the animations and they have all, including the elevators, have worked fine from Day 1.

yes youre correct, my apologies shessi, must've had an older version

A9.....NP

DJ...nice kwacker digi piano in sunny Donny!

Shessi

Shessi, that's my pride and joy, wanted a bike for my 7th birthday and got a piano instead!! Never looked back.
    By the way, it's blowing the mother and father of all gales in "sunny Donny".

Best wishes
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Thanks for that Huub.

Pete,
    I've never heard of that, but maybe? The thing is that these cameras were very wide angle, so there would not be any real need for a sight, you just fly past something, and as long as it's parallel to the side of your ac, you've got a photo!

For me the best photo of this is the experimental Wurzburg radar station at Bruneval. It was taken by a PR Spit side camera, in one pass at high speed! And we know what happen after that....

Cheers

Shessi
    There were also several different camera configurations,

http://www.historyofwar.org/articles...itfire_PR.html

Ttfn

Pete

Ubiquitous Eye in the Sky.

Shessi,

Very many thanks for weaving your digital magic over Chris's great model. The lack of a cockpit (2D or VC) has always picked away at me - and now VOILA! What is so nice, is its performance and flight handling 'straight out of the box. I did my normal acquaint flight from Cumbernauld airfield in Scotland with an eight knot cross wind. No problems and another great feeling of flying an all time classic.

Pilot's scanning head is a nice touch and gives a subtle but very important life-like visual. Like it a lot. Also like your 'Slipper Tank' add-on. Long-range sorties to Norway planned.

Paint job is really nice. Like the slightly sooty trails behind the exhaust ports.

In fact - what is there not to like with this little gem?
    Low frame rates, nice to fly and a model little seen in FS2004.

Many thanks to Chris for the core model and for his permission to let Shessi polish with his inimitable touch.

Mal

Well thank you very much Mal, kind of you write that. I will pass your comments onto Chris, who will be pleased.

And as you say it IS down to Chris, his and the guys at IL-2 SAS for their modelling and painting skills, and of course my bit of 'polishing'..ha ha. Good team work I'd say!

Cheers

Shessi

Did chris ever do any p-51s shessi ?

Members who have read this thread: 0