Supermarine Spitfire PR XI update/enhanced for Fs9

Thread: Supermarine Spitfire PR XI update/enhanced for Fs9

Hybrid View

Supermarine Spitfire PR XI update/enhanced for Fs9

Hi Folks,
    I have been beavering away on Chris Lampard's excellent PR XI Spit. Adding a full working VC, new pilot with auto movement as though he's scanning the sky and his instruments, now with a slipper fuel tank choice, a few LOD's to help and loads of tweaks etc.

Just uploaded.....http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=26388

Cheers

Shessi

PS. OH YES, AND PLEASE DONATE...NOW!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spit PRXI 1.jpg  

A thing of beauty, i remember that model when it was first released, thanks for your effort's,
    you were saying about burning out

Its absolutely brillant! Thanks for all the effort

Out-Bloody-Standing!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Thank you Shessi. I had this aircraft installed from the day it was released, but I hardly flew it mainly because of the lack of a VC. So that should be solved now.

Cheers,
    Huub

Ian..I know, I know..ha ha!

A and W, glad you like it, it is all down to the brilliance of Chris Lampard though, mine's just icing.

And agreed Huub, that's why I did it, it was crying out for one, along with a good pilot. Which I'm especially please with doing the timed animation on.

Could I have peoples thoughts on that pilot timed animation please? Good/bad, realistic/not, too much/too little/just right etc? Thanks.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

An obvious question: will you release this for FSX/P3Dv4 as you did with the Bf-109D?

Cheers,

Priller

Hey shessi, any more wonderful spits in the works?

Icon13

Noooooo....sorry

There are enough Spits out there as well.......lol

Cheers

Shessi

Lovely model,but I find the flight dynamics are pretty wild,Real Air's Griffon Spits are easier
    to handle.

The bigger rudder fitted to the XI(based on the VIII fuselage)actually raises the cross wind component to 12kts
    as opposed to 9kts with the "original" rudder,so should have better authority,this doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Bootfuls and slight trim of right rudder are normally enough with a Merlin Spit,but this thing is wild and very,very difficultto keep straight(you should only need +4-6 boost at about 2850-2900 RPM)to get off

The aileron authority on take-off(you hold full right until the speed comes up)seems over sensitive once she lifts off.

I only did a quick test with it,I'll take it on a better cross country and up to high altitude to see if the Merlin's
    (should be a 70 series)2 speed 2 stage blower works as it should(at about 12-14 thousand feet).

Hi Miggers,
    Hear what you say. I appreciate you'er just mentioning this, but a couple of things...the Real Air Spit is from a professional software company, and you pay for their products. Both Chris and myself are not ac.cfg or airfile experts, so it is difficult to get the ac to act totally as should be, it will always be a rough-timate of true performance.

So, several ways round this, collate the correct parameters and get someone who could input your data...or get yer finger out and do one yourself...

I would love to have more realistic airfiles/ac.cfg's.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Miggers View Post
    Lovely model,but I find the flight dynamics are pretty wild,Real Air's Griffon Spits are easier
    to handle.

The bigger rudder fitted to the XI(based on the VIII fuselage)actually raises the cross wind component to 12kts
    as opposed to 9kts with the "original" rudder,so should have better authority,this doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Bootfuls and slight trim of right rudder are normally enough with a Merlin Spit,but this thing is wild and very,very difficultto keep straight(you should only need +4-6 boost at about 2850-2900 RPM)to get off

The aileron authority on take-off(you hold full right until the speed comes up)seems over sensitive once she lifts off.

I only did a quick test with it,I'll take it on a better cross country and up to high altitude to see if the Merlin's
    (should be a 70 series)2 speed 2 stage blower works as it should(at about 12-14 thousand feet).
    Morning...

You can adjust the controls effectiveness in the Flight Tuning section of aircraft.cfg (typical one reproduced below)
    increase the number for more effectiveness , decrease for less.

Each full number ie changing
    Code:
     rudder_effectiveness=1.0
    to
    Code:
     rudder_effectiveness=2.0
    makes the rudder 10 times more effective than
    Code:
     rudder_effectiveness=1.0
    , so try adjusting the increments
    in 0.2 to say
    Code:
     rudder_effectiveness=1.2
    etc.

Code:
    [flight_tuning]
    cruise_lift_scalar=1.0 
    parasite_drag_scalar=1.0 
    induced_drag_scalar=1.0 
    elevator_effectiveness=1.0 
    aileron_effectiveness=1.0 
    rudder_effectiveness=1.0 
    pitch_stability=1.0 
    roll_stability=1.0 
    yaw_stability=1.0 
    elevator_trim_effectiveness=1.0 
    aileron_trim_effectiveness=1.0 
    rudder_trim_effectiveness=1.0 
    p_factor_on_yaw =1.0
    torque_on_roll =1.0
    gyro_precession_on_yaw =1.0 
    gyro_precession_on_pitch = 1.0
    hi_alpha_on_roll =1.0
    hi_alpha_on_yaw =1.0
    gyro_precession_on_roll =1.0

ttfn

Pete

Hey shessi, cant believe i didnt notice before but the elevator animation doesnt work. export issue id say

anels9,
    First thing I do with any new aircraft is check out all the animations and they have all, including the elevators, have worked fine from Day 1.

yes youre correct, my apologies shessi, must've had an older version

A9.....NP

DJ...nice kwacker digi piano in sunny Donny!

Shessi

Shessi, that's my pride and joy, wanted a bike for my 7th birthday and got a piano instead!! Never looked back.
    By the way, it's blowing the mother and father of all gales in "sunny Donny".

Best wishes
    David

Did chris ever do any p-51s shessi ?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Did chris ever do any p-51s shessi ?
    Hi A,
    No, not a P51. TBH there are loads of P51's to choose from. From payware to Fs9 specific, or converted from CFS2...enough I think!

Cheers

Shessi

Pretty slim selection of the Allison powered versions Shessi.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 0