Feb 27th dev.update !

Thread: Feb 27th dev.update !

Feb 27th dev.update !

This should make your weekend. Sure does mine ! (second shot by Icone32 is my fav atm.Do click 'em!) You also might want to click 'previous article' at the bottom. I kinda missed those..

https://www.flightsimulator.com/febr...opment-update/

Holy Mother Of All Flightsims!! is all i can say.

cheers,
    jan

I am excited too. Beyond that, have noticed that the autogen trees seem very tall in some areas.

In this screenshot compared to the houses in the subdivision, the trees tower above them. Maybe it's the Pacific NW and these are common 100' fir trees...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I am excited too. Beyond that, have noticed that the autogen trees seem very tall in some areas.

In this screenshot compared to the houses in the subdivision, the trees tower above them. Maybe it's the Pacific NW and these are common 100' fir trees...
    Are those 3D buildings or just ground polys? Might explain the giant trees! Although they're still a block tall*.

*I'm British, literally no idea how big a block is.

Trees can grow as high as 400 feet (California redwood stands 379 feet), say a building storey is around 10 feet and the high building in the shot is say 20 storey's ?... that's about 200 feet. Makes the trees look only of average height..

I've noticed in most of the shots, the trees all look like fir trees, IMHO.

I've tried to determine exactly what airfield that TBM is approaching so we can have a look round there for real. Failed.. I'm guessing Califirnia ? Anybody knows ?...

If that is the PNW, then those trees are correct height. Welcome to the land of 90 foot trees...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Everything I have seen about this sim is exciting. Weather, aerodynamics, scenery, airports. When these videos first started coming out I was worried that the impressive scenery was just that "photo-real" (photo-flat) stuff, which only looks good if you don't get too close to it. That clearly is not the case here. I'm planning a new computer for this sim, if my current one doesn't cut it. My interest in flight simming has waned a bit over the past couple years. This sim just might re-ignite it...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    If that is the PNW, then those trees are correct height. Welcome to the land of 90 foot trees...
    That is KMIA runway 24 approach in the upper right corner. The trees are conifers and are certainly not native to south Florida. Asobo is aware of the "tree problem" and will eventually tweak their AI to do a better job.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Thanks, Bill, nice to know! You mean 27, right ? (KMIA has no rwy 24 ?....)

The tall building is there alright, Starlight Suits at River Oaks, i was about spot on with my estimate of 20 stories.

I think I can over look the non native invasive species in the simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    That is KMIA runway 24 approach in the upper right corner. The trees are conifers and are certainly not native to south Florida. Asobo is aware of the "tree problem" and will eventually tweak their AI to do a better job.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Yes, I am confident they will address the extremely tall invasive conifers in South Florida.

The focus should really be on the microburst storm in the distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Florida.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thanks, Bill, nice to know! You mean 27, right ? (KMIA has no rwy 24 ?....)

The tall building is there alright, Starlight Suits at River Oaks, i was about spot on with my estimate of 20 stories.
    Yes, my old clumsy fingers don't work so well these days. Rwy 27 indeed is what I meant...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

No worries, Bill, you know which airport it is, that's more important. Thanks again !

Members who have read this thread: 0