2 'gun' questions

Thread: 2 'gun' questions

2 'gun' questions

1. Can one have a gun with no m3d file? I haven't had luck with that so far. Could one have a 'nominal' m3d file which was basically empty. Basically I want to trim down a 'sound' gun to the very minimum 'vehicle' folder contents with just the most useful/basic xdp components in it

2. Can one have a 'gun' (country='neutral') which is not the 'enemy' as a facility, and yet still be activated by the player or associates? So far I haven't managed that!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

So this is now very annoying! I added some 'sound' guns to a LW airbase facility to represent an ILS system. I even changed the vehicle country from neutral to britain, but they show up as 'blue', not 'red' and therefore don't 'shoot' any sound.

I am wondering now whether that's why Ted wanted these as spawn files. In this case that really doesn't solve the issue as the reason I put them in the airbase facility,rather than separate facilities is that placement must very accurate WRT the airbase runway. Any spawn would have the same issue as I found out when trying to do spawn airbase approach lights sometime back.

Any ideas here?

Well I have a sort of solution to the last post.
    1. I took out all the Lorenz ILS 'sound' gun vehicles from the airbase facility and made them a separate facility; in fact 2; one for each end of the runway; but keeping the same item positions as they were in the airbase facility.

2. Then I thought; could I put them in the gsl as facilities with the same coordinates, etc., as the relevant LW airbase but call them 'British'? Somehow I doubted that would work; so...

3. I put the relevant one for the direction I was landing in the mission file as a British facility BUT then edited the mission xml so that the ILS facility had exactly then same co ordinates and angle as the relevant LW airbase I was landing on!
    It worked!
    Now it's a bit of a pain in the butt, as basically I have to add them to every airbase facility type that I want to have that feature, and then strip it out as separate facilities to use in missions.
    I suppose they won't be functional in QC as I don't think facilities are set there??

Members who have read this thread: 0