It's time to finalize the Loire 210
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's time to finalize the Loire 210

It's time to finalize the Loire 210

Hi,

It's time to move on to painting and coding "aircraft.cfg" and ".air" and more ...

The export goes without problems.

If you have documentation on this model, specialized French magazines or not you could help me to do something quite precise. I have a little but we can never have too much, thank's!

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L210_5.jpg   loire210_mcx2.jpg  

I assume, gastonj, that you've exhausted the online aviation periodical resources of Gallica (Bibliothèque nationale de France) in your quest for information concerning the Loire 210.

Oh, that looks fun. Nice work.

Yes I did. Gallica is a great help for periodicals of that time ("L'air", "L'Aérophile", "Revue Société Générale Aéronautique", etc.)!
    JMC

Hi,

The painting and what it takes to test is underway but there is a long way to go to finish it.

The model will represent that embarked on the battleship Strasbourg which escaped from Mers el Kebir (July 1940) under the fire of the British guns.

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loire_hydroplanage.jpg   raccord 3D P3DV4.jpg  

JMC,

The model looks very nice. As promised I went through a complete pile of French magazines, but the cockpit of the Loire 210 must be one of the best kept secrets.
    Also a search on the internet wasn't very successful The best I could find was a instruction for the 1/72 SBS model, which showed that at least somebody must know how this cockpit looked.

Sorry, but still very much looking forward to the model....

Cheers,
    Huub

Hello Huub,
    I start from the principle that the Loire 210 being contemporary with the Loire 46 (developed at the same time), I realize according to the same scheme assuming that, although French, the engineers have standardized the realization. On the other hand I am interested in any documentation which can always be useful by cross-checking data.
    Thank's!
    JMC

real and virtual

Hi,

The work is in progress ...

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lore210_oldie.jpg  

That looks great!

Cees

The little duck starts to dabble

Hi,

... as you can see

but the road is still long before flying on its own (lol)!

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loire210_vue_cv.jpg   loire210.jpg  

Sorry for the late reply, but this VC looks great again. As always I love the typical French lay-out which is completely different than others.

Cheers,
    Huub

Oooooow, those gauges..... Soooo sharp....... And that minipanel........

Will be in my dreams tonight.

At least one flightsimmer looking forward to fly it

hertzie

Loire 210

Salut Gaston,
    putaing, il a de la gueule cet oiseau !
    Kenavo
    Papi

Hi,
    Thank's!
    It is true that with all these powerful models which are made available free of charge, my modest development can hardly raise enthusiasm. However it is going a bit as you can see on this video.

https://youtu.be/sImyj8K8Osk

JMC

JMC,

Its not in the numbers, its about the quality of your fans . Keep developing, and the rest will follow eventually.............

But as I most likely already said before, I and most probably quite some others with me are very happy with developers like you, who make models outside the main stream. The number of freeware developers is decreasing and payware developers mainly pick the aircraft which will sell.

Because of people like you we are able to fly interesting aircraft like the Dewoitines (my personal favourites) and the Loire (which I most probably like very much as well). But its the same with for instance the Fokker D.XXI by Daan Kaasjager, you will only reach a smaller, but more motivated/enthusiastic audience.

Cheers,
    Huub

Loire 210

Bonjour Gaston,
    eh bien je ne peux que signer ce qu' écrit Huub.
    Et il ne faut pas oublier qu'il n y a plus d' avions francais de cette époque en vol, hélas.
    Ce qui fait que beaucoup moins de public ait une relation avec ces avions.
    Donc justement que tu fasses du travail qui attirera au début moins de la foule vaut un grand Bravo.
    Ah, j avais vu que tu avais essayé de m' envoyer un pm.
    Betement ma bal fut pleine. peux tu s' il te plait reessayer de me l' envoyer?
    Kenavo
    Papi

Absolutely Gaston, your work is very much appreciated!
    Don't forget that most of forum members do not write messages but support anyway.
    You can see that with d/l numbers.
    A bientot

Hi,
    I just wanted to say that when there is a lot of noise we keep quiet so as not to be inaudible. I will continue to make available what I have done.
    JMC

I really appreciate your work and always enjoy the eclectic and intriguing subject you painstakingly recreate for us Gaston.

One of the reasons I keep FSX-SE active.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Hi,
    Thank you! Yes, I am interested in French aviation from the 30s to the 40s, particularly by planes that did not survive the French debacle of 40. Modeling allows you to get an idea of ​​what they were. I have no other concern. I make available what I have done, hoping of course that it will interest someone.
    For the Loire 210 I am finishing the cockpit. It lacks the radio, the wiring and some details to code as you can see below

Screens are made on P3DV4.5 but the model is a FSX one.

JMC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails loire_210_cv1.jpg   loire_210_cv2.jpg  

Looks nice! CRG .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Gaston,

Just chiming in to say I've really enjoyed your planes, and I'm very much looking forward to this one! One of the things I love about flight simulator is to be able to experience the history of flight, and you've tackled some interesting subjects I was barely aware of. Please know that there are many of us out who are excited every time you release something new, and if we forget to acknowledge it it's because we're so busy exploring the skies of France in them!

Blog Entries
    Those VC instruments look delightful.

This project reminds me of the best part of Tintin stories I enjoyed as a kid ... the old retro airplanes! The L 210 will be perfect for finding the "Shooting Star" ....

Looking forward to this.

dl

-Tres belle realisation!
    Merci Gaston!

Alain
    -

Thanks for those previews of the outstanding gauge design. This is going to be a lot of fun to fly.

Members who have read this thread: 0