DC Designs F/A-18 E, F & G Super Hornet Released Just Flight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DC Designs F/A-18 E, F & G Super Hornet Released Just Flight

I seem to be missing an effects bitmap. Anyone got any ideas?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post

I seem to be missing an effects bitmap. Anyone got any ideas?

Dave
    Any chance this is using fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx for the MACH envelope you are showing? The .bmps for that effect are fx_1.bmp and fx_5.bmp
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Do you guys have an effects folder when the super hornet installs? I've installed and uninstalled several times but get no effects folder. Some of the effects are stock P3D effects but not all which may explain the missing effect in the sound barrier shock cone. Also has anyone looked at the paint kit? I was looking forward to painting a little but in my download the panel line layers are all merged together which makes it impossible to use. I have entered tickets at Just Flight for both issues. Love the plane otherwise!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Any chance this is using fx_RCB_machenvlop.fx for the MACH envelope you are showing? The .bmps for that effect are fx_1.bmp and fx_5.bmp
    The one we're missing in P3D is "fx_vapor_fa18", which is a bit annoying as we're not supplied with any effects with this aircraft.

Dave

I have fx_vapor_fa18.fx in my Effects folder. Would that help you if I email it to you? If so, PM me your email!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

You'll notice that a couple of aircraft titles in the aircraft.cfg are not correct.

Items 7 & 8 (VAQ-140 and RAAF) are not shown as being "G" types in their title entries -- which makes them difficult to find in vehicle selection.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    You'll notice that a couple of aircraft titles in the aircraft.cfg are not correct.

Items 7 & 8 (VAQ-140 and RAAF) are not shown as being "G" types in their title entries -- which makes them difficult to find in vehicle selection.

Dave
    So sorry for not replying to this sooner, I thought the thread over in FSX Discussion was the only one. The .cfg entries error should have been cleared up so I'll check out why it's still there. Also, I think somebody posted here about the paint kit layers error - it turns out that converting from GIMP to PSD flattens all layers, something of a bug there. This has now been corrected and an update should be available at Just Flight with the correct paint kit.

Re the Mach shockwave, it's not an effect but a modeled vapor cone, with the associated texture sheet in the normal place. The lighting sometimes makes it look a bit shadowed. Not sure if I'll use this method again as it does vary in how it appears, sometimes white, sometimes not.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Thanks for the update! I was the one inquiring about the paint kit. Great aircraft just got better.

Mike

Thoroughly enjoying the F/A-18. Flying and painting. Here's a repaint of the VX-9 "Vampires" for the fine DC Designs F/A-18E. Still some work to do like stencils and the jet intake warnings, etc. It's a bit of a bear to paint in some spots but worth it IMHO. I'll upload in a couple of days.

Mike

Great work Mike ! Keep it up !

Hey Painters... Tailhook91 posted these to Reddit's r/aviation. Get your brushes out!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9u6md9ebsyw41.jpg   kjgygwubryw41.jpg   7u4w1u9fsyw41.jpg  

Thanks for posting those, I've been looking forward to seeing it in those colors.

Will be definite downloads for me, if/when anybody does them. Hopefully they will do the entire team.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Update is up at Just Flight and includes.

F-18E/F & G update! Folks, the Super Hornet package's updates are now available at Just Flight, and should appear at all other vendors over the next few days. Bugs have been fixed, improvements made and of course PBR added. Here's the changelog;

Added covers, chocks and RBF tags
    Formation lights switches fixed
    Turkey feather gaps fixed
    New afterburner effects
    Carrier ILS display fixed
    Ground proximity warning disabled
    HUD VSI added
    HUD pressure reading moved to MFD 1
    Aircraft type selection fixed
    Added switch for chocks and covers visibility ( right hand panel, forward section, mouse rectangle tag names added for use )
    PBR textures added ( Prepar3D v4.4+ only )

Enjoy! The F-15 Eagle updates will follow later this week, all being well

Taken from FB

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Update is up at Just Flight and includes.

F-18E/F & G update! Folks, the Super Hornet package's updates are now available at Just Flight, and should appear at all other vendors over the next few days. Bugs have been fixed, improvements made and of course PBR added. Here's the changelog;

Added covers, chocks and RBF tags
    Formation lights switches fixed
    Turkey feather gaps fixed
    New afterburner effects
    Carrier ILS display fixed
    Ground proximity warning disabled
    HUD VSI added
    HUD pressure reading moved to MFD 1
    Aircraft type selection fixed
    Added switch for chocks and covers visibility ( right hand panel, forward section, mouse rectangle tag names added for use )
    PBR textures added ( Prepar3D v4.4+ only )

Enjoy! The F-15 Eagle updates will follow later this week, all being well

Taken from FB

Was the RAAF Rhino's textures corrected in the update?

Thanks for the HU. Didnīt get any email update from JF (I usually do).
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks checking email now. Need repainter to cover the gun plate on the Growler.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Thanks checking email now. Need repainter to cover the gun plate on the Growler.
    Right, Growlers never had guns.

Blog Entries
    Hoping PC Aviator gets this soon. Still showing v1.02 there.

dl

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post

Cheers for that, it confirms it hasnt been fixed

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hoping PC Aviator gets this soon. Still showing v1.02 there.

dl
    Seems to take a long time sometimes for PC Aviator to post the latest version of things.
    If it takes too long ask the developer to give them a strong nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Right, Growlers never had guns.
    How on Earth did I not notice that??!!! Sorry folks, converting three aircraft types, across three different platforms, each with slightly differing requirements means that inevitably I miss some things, usually after I start to go cross-eyed. An easy fix for anybody with basic knowledge of the paint kit. I'll put it on the list for a future update.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Growler, no guns, no problem. These aircraft are absolutely fantastic. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. Looking forward to flying these beauties in MSFS2020.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 5