DC Designs F/A-18 E, F & G Super Hornet Released Just Flight - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC Designs F/A-18 E, F & G Super Hornet Released Just Flight

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Growler, no guns, no problem. These aircraft are absolutely fantastic. Your efforts are sincerely appreciated. Looking forward to flying these beauties in MSFS2020.
    Thanks for your kind words, Tom, appreciation for the free updates seems to be in somewhat short supply at SoH today! They'll both be making their way to MSFS as soon as I can get them ready, hopefully this year
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Thanks for your kind words, Tom, appreciation for the free updates seems to be in somewhat short supply at SoH today! They'll both be making their way to MSFS as soon as I can get them ready, hopefully this year
    Hi Dean! Am really stoked about this upgrade. Thanks so much for addressing the reheat effects.

I’m not able to get any update from PC Aviator on this. Anything you can do from your end? I can pm you my invoice, order details, etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Daniel

Hi DL,

I'm powerless to intervene with other vendors, but I can drop Just Flight a line to tell them to jog the other stores along a bit. This often happens with other stores - JF upload immediately, but the others can take days!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Blog Entries
    Hi DL,

I'm powerless to intervene with other vendors, but I can drop Just Flight a line to tell them to jog the other stores along a bit. This often happens with other stores - JF upload immediately, but the others can take days!
    Hi Dean,

Anything you can do is much appreciated. I’ve emailed and even called long-distance within their hours of of business. Nothing. I’m rethinking my vendor choice for my next purchase, as this is getting silly. Sure looks good, though, and my frustration is decidedly on the vendor, not the dev. I know this (and the F-15 Eagle) is a wide-reaching offering, and the availability of the F/G models was a particular draw. So no complaints and kudos from me.

Here’s hoping they’ll come through without my having to repurchase-that’d be a measure of last and particularly displeasured resort.

Don't re-purchase DL, I'd speak to Just Flight and get a copy sent to you rather than you have to buy the product again!

Blog Entries
    Don't re-purchase DL, I'd speak to Just Flight and get a copy sent to you rather than you have to buy the product again!
    Hi Dean,

Thanks - I'll reach out to them, but I guess I don't see why they'd owe me any support if I never bought that product from them - not sure what my "approach angle" would be, other than asking for a favour. I suppose I don't like asking for help from a company without a good reason on which to appeal for it.

Anyway, I'll keep banging away on this and not chug up the thread further with my issue - though if anyone else who's bought this lovely addon from PC Aviator and has gotten the V3 update from them, please advise or PM me with how you made out.

Thanks again,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi Dean,

Thanks - I'll reach out to them, but I guess I don't see why they'd owe me any support if I never bought that product from them - not sure what my "approach angle" would be, other than asking for a favour.
    dl
    No, I meant that I would reach out to them, and get you a copy rather than you paying again. I will e-mail JF now to get them to nag the other vendors to get into line

Blog Entries
    No, I meant that I would reach out to them, and get you a copy rather than you paying again. I will e-mail JF now to get them to nag the other vendors to get into line
    Ah - now I understand. Very kind. I’ll pm you my order details.

You must be very persuasive Dean! I just got the email from Simmarket (where I had purchased the F-18) that they've upgraded
    to v105.

Thanks for all your efforts!

-Rob

PS: Simmarket also said in the email that they had upgraded the F-15. Their F-15 download shows v103, but I can't recall if
    that was the original version, or if it's new.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    You must be very persuasive Dean! I just got the email from Simmarket (where I had purchased the F-18) that they've upgraded
    to v105.

Thanks for all your efforts!

-Rob

PS: Simmarket also said in the email that they had upgraded the F-15. Their F-15 download shows v103, but I can't recall if
    that was the original version, or if it's new.

I can also confirm this as well. I also bought mine from Sim-Market and got the product update email. Did the upgrade early this morning.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Blog Entries
    Thanks for your offer of support Dean - got my latest version. I'll skip over what it took to get it, and the quality of support PC Aviator gave, as that frustrating aspect is a topic all it's own.

As to the model, the AB and light glitches look much better, thanks for addressing that. Two small issues I detected:

1) AB/reheat on single seat model looks fine. But on the 2 seat (F/G) it flickers and doesn't project the full luminous effect. I tried various repaints, but it persists as correlating somehow to those 2 models. Anyone else find that difference from the full, bright effects of the E? This is kind of a biggie, and the F/G being key models/reasons for purchasing this, I'd be keen to find a fix.

2) With PBR, the tanks - especially wing tanks - come out very dark, almost black. I tried a few repaints and in all three models (E/F/G). Is this something anyone else sees, and does it merely require tweaking in MCX? Flying with wing tanks are a common, but if need be, "avoidable" loadout if needed, but it'd be ideal if they rendered a bit more accurately. I'd say this is a minor issue compared with 2), but worth raising, I think. All other wing-load weapons render perfectly fine

I should add that I've completely removed the earlier version before installing this version.

Thanks Dean, it's a gorgeous product, and I hope to put lots of hours onto it.

cheers,

dl

1) AB/reheat on single seat model looks fine. But on the 2 seat (F/G) it flickers and doesn't project the full luminous effect. I tried various repaints, but it persists as correlating somehow to those 2 models. Anyone else find that difference from the full, bright effects of the E? This is kind of a biggie, and the F/G being key models/reasons for purchasing this, I'd be keen to find a fix.

2) With PBR, the tanks - especially wing tanks - come out very dark, almost black. I tried a few repaints and in all three models (E/F/G). Is this something anyone else sees, and does it merely require tweaking in MCX? Flying with wing tanks are a common, but if need be, "avoidable" loadout if needed, but it'd be ideal if they rendered a bit more accurately. I'd say this is a minor issue compared with 2), but worth raising, I think. All other wing-load weapons render perfectly fine
    Hi Daniel, glad PC Aviator got their act together!

These are strange issues and they're not appearing on my versions of the aircraft. I will take another look at them to be sure, but there haven't been any other reports of anything like this. Could you remind me of which version of the sim you use so I can check it out? It might just be a missing texture or something, as that can cause some surfaces to go dark when they're PBR materials.

Blog Entries
    Hi Daniel, glad PC Aviator got their act together!

These are strange issues and they're not appearing on my versions of the aircraft. I will take another look at them to be sure, but there haven't been any other reports of anything like this. Could you remind me of which version of the sim you use so I can check it out? It might just be a missing texture or something, as that can cause some surfaces to go dark when they're PBR materials.
    Hi Dean.

That’s clever thinking, given the other tank issue, which until reading your post I wouldn’t have thought to be related.

Sorry I didn’t post sim version earlier - P3Dv4.5. No other sky or environmental addons.

Thx.

DL

Hi Daniel,

Bugs confirmed in both cases. I will investigate and fix - probably a texture fault of some kind. Very odd that the "E" model was not affected. I'm afraid it'll be another update, but this time Just Flight will no doubt push the other vendors a bit more quickly.

I'll get it done as soon as I can

Blog Entries
    Hi Daniel,

Bugs confirmed in both cases. I will investigate and fix - probably a texture fault of some kind. Very odd that the "E" model was not affected. I'm afraid it'll be another update, but this time Just Flight will no doubt push the other vendors a bit more quickly.

I'll get it done as soon as I can
    Super. Many thanks.

DL

Super. Many thanks.

DL
    Hi Daniel, as suspected it was a texture issue - the "E" tanks are on the "TANK" texture, while the "F" and "G" are on a mis-named texture called "ATFLIR" - I was probably testing something and forgot to revert them. There is also another texture called Weapons_2 which also holds the same images as ATFLIR. I will fix and produce an update fairly soon for this. In the meantime, a little bit of juggling with those textures would probably get the tanks showing up the way you want them to.

Regarding the afterburners, they're identical across all three models so I don't know why they're flickering for some and not others. If I work it out I'll sort that too.

All sorted

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3D_Hornet.jpg  

Blog Entries
    All sorted

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your efforts to nip these little items.

I’ll re-read the texture naming bug and see if I can sort that on my own. I think it’s clear but until I’m on my sim pc to see them listed, I’m not quite following.

As to the AB effect, the screen shot looks like neither the nice blue / white effect I have on the E nor the more muted variant visible on the F/G.

Let me take a couple of screens later today to show the current state. Maybe that’ll help.

Cheers,

DL

Blog Entries
    OK - here's the screenshots I promised. Taken in clear conditions at Oceana NAS. My screenshots look darker than what I see in the sim, it's weird. But anyway, they adequately show the difference.

E shot shows bright white, with bluish tinge, as I believe you intended. This is the one I'd consider "correct".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-10-25_19-45-48-814.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	79647

F shot shows a yellow engine disk and an outline of the effect, but none of the white/blue flame.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-10-25_19-45-6-686.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	79648

I'm sorry I didn't take these earlier to better describe the issue - but I trust that they help.

Thanks,

dl

The F & G afterburner shockwave cones are identical to those of the E model, as they were copied right over from the E. For some reason, when doing so, my software turned off their emissive settings and I hadn't noticed in the update. That was the only difference. The image I took probably looks different due only to my different sim or PC settings, not because the effect is any different itself.

Super Hornets updated to Just Flight version v1.06 - third party vendors will follow within a week, I'm reliably informed.

Members who have read this thread: 4