Be my Beau, Beaufighter that is
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be my Beau, Beaufighter that is

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22 Be my Beau, Beaufighter that is

Take a wander over to the CFS3 British Plane section for a set of about ten European Theater early war Beaufighters. These are Dave Garwood's original planes ported over to CFS3 specs. Be sure to thank John Whelan and Rob Stevenson for their expert help. Please excuse (John) my screw up on your name in the download a bit rushed this morning. Be sure to check the sound file paths. Have many other Beaufighters for MAW too, just need some time and feed back before I upload all of those. Again have fun let me know what I need to do to fix the things I missed. Enjoy - Oh many more good things to come soon. Oh no clickable stuff - just not enough time right now.

Ta Ta!

Ready and waiting for it to come up! This one has been much anticipated!

Fantastic! Off to give them a quick go!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you! I hope to install as soon as I get an opportunity.

I thank you for doing these conversions, and while I hate to be critical about anything, I have to complain. I have downloaded the files, but there are no instructions for installing them - especially the Mk.V which has some special shared files.

By the way, what does "TOW" stand for ?

Help, please.

TOW = The Other War which is a nod to Peter Hinchcliffe's very good book " The Other Battle" about the Luftwaffe's 'Nachjagd' or night fighters. As for instructions, all aircraft and the shared folder go into the aircraft folder which means the Mk V stuff will be there.

Opps

Sorry about the install guide. I assumed that the folks lurking around here have been at it in CFS3 for a while and no guide was needed. But as Mongoose said, unzip the files the main airplane folder goes into your aircraft folder. The TOW share once unzipped is just dropped into the share folder in the aricraft folder. Just check you sounds not sure how they were set up. Should work straight away in ETO, I think.

TaTa

Hmm...is that Hercules I see in that shared files download image?

thank you for this much needed aircraft guys.

I think I am missing some gauge textures(altimeter is one) and I am getting white square tracers.

Steve

The shared folder in the aircraft\shared folder or just in the aircraft folder?

Hmmm

Steve, the tracers no idea why. I think they were set up with eto in mind. The texture, not sure but James may be right.

The shared folder in the aircraft\shared folder or just in the aircraft folder?
    I dont think that matters though I did try without success.

After more searching , it looks like I am missing texture b_gauges_1a.dds. I made a copy of b_gauges_1c.dds and renamed to _1a and that seems to work.

I suspect I am missing an fx texture for the tracer problem???

Oops, somehow I missed seeing the Mk.I download the first time - got them all now!

Great stuff Ted

I know a lot of hard work there, so thank you very much!

Thanks also to the team and great texs John..

Cheers

Shessi

I fixed the tracer issue for now by changing the cannon in xdp. I must be missing a texture for the other ones. I'm good to go.

Plenty of room for after market parts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beauf0.jpg  
    Last edited by sdsbolt; February 29th, 2020 at 04:22.

That's what I'm talking about!

Icon5

Hi Steve,
    Good stuff, like it, but unfortunately you're facing the wrong way! ha ha.

The AI unit was aft of the obs dome, so the rad-obs faced aft. Now if that's artistic licence, so that you can watch the intercept and 'see' it on the scope..then ok...no critism just tellin'.

Cheers

Shessi

If you're interested in using a dynamic gunsight reticle here's what I'm using:

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="GR_OKL_Revi16NF_gunsight" PosX="0.00" PosZ="0.900" PosY="0.600" Pitch="90.25" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

opps

and I did not add panel lights, damn sorry folks just not focusing. Major????

Shessi,
    Yes, you are correct I am using a lot of artistic licence. I Had to set up the station as a bombadier position so you can keep the aircraft on course while tracking. It's way too hard for me to do this going backwards. I do appreciate the feedback.

thanks again to Ted , John and Rob for all the hard work in bringing the Beau to CFS3!

Steve

Like this?

<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="-0.50" PosZ="0.75" PosY="0.60" Pitch="110" Heading="20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>
    <Effect Type="Track" EffectName="cockpit_light_uv" PosX="0.50" PosZ="0.75" PosY="0.60" Pitch="110" Heading="-20" MinVel="-999999" MaxVel="999999"/>

Beaufighter_Clights.zip
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hmmm...basking in the warmth of that radium glow.....

Superb MM, very atmospheric.

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks MajorM!

Beautiful work!!

Off to the download section!!

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Members who have read this thread: 2