Elevation problems, yet again

Thread: Elevation problems, yet again

Elevation problems, yet again

I have a friend at my church who is from Batan, Phillipines. I thought, just for fun, I would try to find the airport closest to his home, populate it with local AI airline traffic, and take a few screenshots to show him. Well, I found a decent freeware offering of Kalibo International Airport (RPVK). Installed it, and is pretty nice, except for the obvious elevation problem. I thought perhaps Orbx Vector would fix it, but nope. No change whatsoever. Am hoping someone here can offer some help in fixing this? Thanks, NC

I got the scenery from this website:

https://fsstressfrees.weebly.com/visayas-sceneries.html

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-2-25_10-40-8-656 (2).jpg  

Are you using a third party terrain mesh, like FreemeshX or Pilot's? The airport was probably designed for the sim's default mesh.

-RobM

You use ORBX products, right? Move the scenery that has problems to the top of the list in the scenery library and things should return to normal.

Every time you run ORBX or FTX central, the order of the scenery library is altered. Had it happen to me several times...

Priller

NC - did that fix it?

I get this issue frequently in P3dv4+ and the Vector Auto Configurator thing doesn't fix it often.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I haven't tried Priller's suggestion yet,but will in a while and report back. Thanks! NC

I downloaded and installed myself, and I got the exact same issue (runway in a trench). I tried disabling both Pilot's and Vector
    in the scenery library, but it made no difference. I couldn't see any alternate RPVK .bgl's that might be running interference.
    The airport was at the top of my P3Dv4 scenery library.

Just for the heck of it, I fired up FSX and installed the airport's FSX version (it has a multi-installer). The airport looked
    the same, but now there were no elevation issues.

I've only updated my default P3Dv4 scenery to 4.4; I haven't updated the scenery to 4.5 yet. I don't know if that would make
    any difference.

It's a nice little freeware airport in an interesting part of Asia, and much better than the default. I don't know if the runway
    elevation could be fixed with ADE, or if there's some other cause that's escaping me.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I downloaded and installed myself, and I got the exact same issue (runway in a trench). I tried disabling both Pilot's and Vector
    in the scenery library, but it made no difference. I couldn't see any alternate RPVK .bgl's that might be running interference.
    The airport was at the top of my P3Dv4 scenery library.

Just for the heck of it, I fired up FSX and installed the airport's FSX version (it has a multi-installer). The airport looked
    the same, but now there were no elevation issues.

I've only updated my default P3Dv4 scenery to 4.4; I haven't updated the scenery to 4.5 yet. I don't know if that would make
    any difference.

It's a nice little freeware airport in an interesting part of Asia, and much better than the default. I don't know if the runway
    elevation could be fixed with ADE, or if there's some other cause that's escaping me.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-Rob

Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to "troubleshoot" the problem. Too bad it isn't a easy fix! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0