'guns' firing vertically only

Thread: 'guns' firing vertically only

'guns' firing vertically only

I can't remember if this was discussed before; I feel it was but can't find any references. I would like to know how to set a 'gun'; in fact for searchlight and sound 'guns'; to fire vertically only. Any ideas? Judging by my last couple of posts we are a bit lacking in experts in this area!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Ok

You need a vehicle and in the xpd (say from the search lights you have this

<GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="90" DownLimit="90" LeftLimit="180" RightLimit="180" RateLimit="20" SystemID="engine_one" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="searchlight_blue" usesmallflash="1" Name="searchlight_blue" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1000"/>
    </GunStations>

change it to:

<GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="90" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="20" SystemID="engine_one" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="searchlight_blue" usesmallflash="1" Name="searchlight_blue" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1000"/>
    </GunStations>

I placed in red bold the relevant section. This way the light points straight up and won't move. The only problem with this is that the gun will only fire when the target is directly above literally. So if you want some flexibility you may need to put some values in the down and left/right say maybe 5 so the gun will move 5 degrees off the vertical and left right at 180. This way it will fire in a cone that has a five degree width, so maybe:

<GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="90" DownLimit="5" LeftLimit="180" RightLimit="180" RateLimit="20" SystemID="engine_one" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="searchlight_blue" usesmallflash="1" Name="searchlight_blue" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1000"/>
    </GunStations>

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    You need a vehicle and in the xpd (say from the search lights you have this

<GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="90" DownLimit="90" LeftLimit="180" RightLimit="180" RateLimit="20" SystemID="engine_one" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="searchlight_blue" usesmallflash="1" Name="searchlight_blue" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1000"/>
    </GunStations>

change it to:

<GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="90" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="20" SystemID="engine_one" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="searchlight_blue" usesmallflash="1" Name="searchlight_blue" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1000"/>
    </GunStations>

I placed in red bold the relevant section. This way the light points straight up and won't move. The only problem with this is that the gun will only fire when the target is directly above literally. So if you want some flexibility you may need to put some values in the down and left/right say maybe 5 so the gun will move 5 degrees off the vertical and left right at 180. This way it will fire in a cone that has a five degree width, so maybe:

<GunStations>
    <GunStation UpLimit="90" DownLimit="5" LeftLimit="180" RightLimit="180" RateLimit="20" SystemID="engine_one" Tracer="0" Trainable="1" Trigger="0" Type="searchlight_blue" usesmallflash="1" Name="searchlight_blue" ConvergeDistance="0" Pitch="0" MaxAmmo="1000"/>
    </GunStations>

Thanks Ted. I give that a trial.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    That's interesting, I just kind of assumed that the downlimit was an actual reading. Eg downlimit="85" to keep the gun from panning below 85 degrees.

Members who have read this thread: 0