Some Advice, Please.

Thread: Some Advice, Please.

Some Advice, Please.

Hi everyone,

I finally picked up a "new to me" laptop, an HP Elitebook 8460, with a dedicated video card (1gb of ram), 500gb hard drive, and upgraded it to 16gb of ram, Win7 (64 bit).

I run my CFS2 installs from an external hard drive (Western Digital My Passport 500gb). I now run most any plane, so far, consistently at 58-62 fps, however, the sliders are not maxed out. I'm wondering if I could get even better performance, and how may I achieve that? Imagined that at least stock ac would get far better fps than this.

Additionally, although I don't normally convert FS2004 aircraft for use in CFS2, I do use mdlc ver 1.90 for correcting the collision bubble issue, which does not work on the new(er) rig. Is there another program that will work on the 64 bit system?

Thanks in advance,

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Hi TW,
    No that is the max FR in non-windowed mode. So you won't get any more out of her Cap'n. Even that laptop spec is way way ahead of the required tech of CFS2 in 2000, so you're maxed out. If you go to windowed mode you will get FR's in the 150+ range, but with a horrible frame around it.

If you're talking about the semi-auto Mk_MDLC then no there isn't a 64 bit version, BUT you can use Allen's 64 bit manual version, available here at SOH. You just have to use the command line format ie type in each command line of the conversion process (which is what is going on behind the front graphics of Mk_MDLC) instead. Not hard and there is a built in help.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi Shessi,

Thank you for the reply. I'll get Allen's program and see what mischief I can get into. If 60 fps is the best she can do, then so be it, a little better than the 45-50 fps on the old rig. Think I'll skip the windowed mode for now.

Kind regards,

TW

My guess is that running from the external hard drive is the problem with frame rates.

DOSMdlc 2.0 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=25224 Take the model you want to change the collision of and name it CFS2_MOD.MDL and put it into the DOSMdlc 2.0 folder than run the DOSBox Collision Size.bat
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

SSD with carry bahia adaptator for cd/dvd.

HardDisk is obsolete for this time.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Thanks for the link, Allen, I'll have a look at it later on.

Kind regards,

TW

Members who have read this thread: 0