Stalin needs some help with a project or 3 ish

Thread: Stalin needs some help with a project or 3 ish

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic

Stalin needs some help with a project or 3 ish

I currently have some aircraft models that I am repainting, and would like too change the amount of shine. In the past I have used the old shiny util, but alas I have lost (RIP) my old XP laptop. A satin finish helps my old eyes check out details easier.

Akemi Mizoguchi's CFS2 Aichi E13A1 Recon Seaplane.

Thicko's CFS2 Nakajima B5N2 Type 97 Model 12.

Simtech's fs9 P-39D/P-400 models.

If anyone is able too help please let me know. I can provide links too the files required.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,
    I think you still have my email address, send 'em over and what shine on each you need and I'll do them.

OR....

The prog you need is here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=2243, it is MkMDLC.

Very easy to use, with help built in. Basically all you need to do is to select the variables of shine amount and power, run the mdl through it and voila. You can do it as many times as you want, fly/check and adjust if needed.

Cheers

Shessi

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Hi Steve,
    I think you still have my email address, send 'em over and what shine on each you need and I'll do them.

OR....

The prog you need is here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...tid=49&id=2243, it is MkMDLC.

Very easy to use, with help built in. Basically all you need to do is to select the variables of shine amount and power, run the mdl through it and voila. You can do it as many times as you want, fly/check and adjust if needed.

Cheers

Shessi

Cheers Shessi,

I grabbed the MK_Mdl proggie but my win 7 64 system won't run it. I'll drop you an email or pm with links too the files.

Steve

There is also Mdlmat.exe with a tutorial by Obio.

Quote Originally Posted by vinci View Post
    There is also Mdlmat.exe with a tutorial by Obio.
    Do you know whether this will work on a 64-bits system? Like Steve I used Ivan Hsu's little program, but this doesn't work under a 64-bits operating system.

Cheers,
    Huub

If your W7 rig has W7pro, you can run Shiny (Ivan's old Shine with a Windows interface) in Virtual XP.

It's one of extremely few XP programs that run in Virtual XP like MS claimed they all would.

Shiny is in the library here. Search for "Shiny" in the FS9 Other section and it will come right up.

You can set the level of specular gloss to your choice of Full Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Semi-Matte and Dead Flat. (You can also make the model reflective if you wish, though that will ruin the VC in some models.)

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Do you know whether this will work on a 64-bits system? Like Steve I used Ivan Hsu's little program, but this doesn't work under a 64-bits operating system.

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub

MDLmat works OK on my 64 bit system

For MDLC work (including shining), I use Allens handy DOSmdlc2.0. It operates under DOSbox, so works just fine in a 64 bit environment. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...9&linkid=25224
    (set up for converting for CFS2, but no reason why the other bits won't work just the same).

Thanks for your reply UncleTgt! I will give both a try.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0