The new circuit is almost there:

I live quite close to the circuit and I'm convinced it will be a logistic nightmare! Zandvoort can only be reached by two secondary roads. And a part of these two (!) roads is already reserved for the emergency services. The nearest highway is behind the city of Haarlem. As it is foreseen that several racing teams will stay in my (sea-side) village (where you can find several "multiple star" large hotels) they are even considering to allow traffic on the beach..... Transport by helicopter is no options as movements are restricted and all limited available space is already consumed by the organisation.....

In the mid-eighties when formula one teams were still reasonably small and the sport wasn't as popular in the Netherlands as it is now, they only way you could reach Zandvoort by bicycle. I think that will not even be possible now.

People are not allowed to travel to Zandvoort with private transport. But I wouldn't like to invite the people who will try anyhow and I wonder how aware people from abroad will be of these restrictions.......

Nevertheless it will be an interesting weekend!

Cheers,
Huub