FSX/P3D DC-10 Air Tanker Mod Project

Thread: FSX/P3D DC-10 Air Tanker Mod Project

FSX/P3D DC-10 Air Tanker Mod Project

Hi all. I've teamed up with George Arana in doing a DC-10 air tanker mod for the Eric Cantu / SGA DC-10-10 and -30 airframes. We're currently developing this beautiful bird. George's excellent modeling skills has propelled my simple tank mod into a more realistic venture. I can't thank him enough for his help. He has done physical modifications to the tank I had done as well as modified the airframes to better represent the -30s in particular, as they have the centerline gear removed because of the external tank. George has also mentioned he'd like to do a similar modification to the SGA DC-9s as well to represent Erickson Aero's MD-87s. George has also been assisting me in getting the old Hovercontrol 412 helitanker versions ready for P3D(project is over in the P3D forum). This will be available for FSX up to P3D V4+ as we are using George's FSX native converted version of the SGA DC-10s as the base. The VLAT platform like the DC-10 I felt needed a representation in the sims. With them being heavily used recently in the US as well as Australia, they've sort of become one of the big icons of aerial firefighting in the last year or so I'd say. Felt it was a good time to launch a project like this.

From George's Development photos

Some from mine as I did some preliminary texturing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-2-20_19-45-49-398.jpg   2020-2-20_19-43-8-920.jpg   T910.jpg  

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Awesome. I can't wait. Love the DC-10 Tanker
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I thought it was time to revive the project. I had some military mod projects take me away from the airtanker arena for a bit. But I'm back at these. So far the details are there will be the two models. The -10 and -30 versions. The -10 version will have T-910 in it's introductory livery when it was in service with Cal Fire in the 2007-2008 time frame. The original T-910 was retired a few years ago. Now all versions flown by 10 Tanker Air Carrier are the -30 model. Including the "new" T-910. I will be including repaints for all 4 of their active birds. T-910, 911, 912, and 914 respectively. 2 additional repaints will be as I said, one with the original livery for T-910. The second additional will be for T-910 again, but for the contract markings for NSW Rural Fire Service in Australia. So 2 models, 6 repaints.

here's a video of it flying around in P3Dv4.5.

https://youtu.be/ey_leChXHGA

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 2