Lakes Renegade

Thread: Lakes Renegade

Lakes Renegade

Is anyone aware of a model that works in FSX or has been converted to native FSX? I have tried a few I found on flightsim dot com but they had major problems with transparent placeholders, allowing you to see right through the cockpit to the water outside.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

SOH-CM-2023
    That model was a collaborative project I was on wayyyyyyy back in the early 2000's. Can't remember who did the basic exterior model but I refined it a tad,mapped the textures and did the VC. I haven't see that one in quite some time. I'll download it this week sometime and see what I can make it do in MCX for FSX compatibility. Just wish I had the FSDS source files....

Edit It was John Woodward who did the original base model RSWDG Renegade, Seawolf Design Group
    You can't take the sky from me...

I have wondered how not anybody done good payware version of this plane. This is probably must have plane like Piper Cub etc for sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    That model was a collaborative project I was on wayyyyyyy back in the early 2000's. Can't remember who did the basic exterior model but I refined it a tad,mapped the textures and did the VC. I haven't see that one in quite some time. I'll download it this week sometime and see what I can make it do in MCX for FSX compatibility. Just wish I had the FSDS source files....

Edit It was John Woodward who did the original base model RSWDG Renegade, Seawolf Design Group

You and me both Brian.

Originally FS2002, by John Woodward, then 'we' got involved...as RSDG , to improve it, then when 2004 came out Lars Kornstaedt took it on a stage further.

I did see John Woodward had taken it to upgrade to FSX, but that was before FSX Gold / Acceleration times

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2023
    Too bad I don't have my old design PC. (Massive HD failure) That had all my FSDS files including the unfinished Seawolf I was making out of the Renegade....
    You can't take the sky from me...

I spoke with John yesterday via email and while he answered my email almost immediately he did say he is no longer involved with Flight Sim. My reason for contacting him was to ask permission to release a native FSX version of his model, which he did without hesitation. There is one available and I have contacted the individual who did the conversion to see if he would allow the native version to be released.

Currently I am updating the interior textures and building a basic paint kit with lines and rivets as well as redoing several liveries to 4096x4096 textures. Hopefully I'll have more news soon.

Current System Specs:

Just to update a bit: Bluebear has made some additional updates to the model I'm working on and so as soon as I send him my paint kit he will add bumps and specs to the model. It's a WIP but should be nice once complete and a Native FSX to boot. Thanks to John Woodward for the go ahead to continue with what Ulrich started and thanks to Ulrich for another fine conversion.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 0