Decision made Cfs-3/4 dev going forward.

Thread: Decision made Cfs-3/4 dev going forward.

Hybrid View

Decision made Cfs-3/4 dev going forward.

Hi Guys.

So after talking to my managers and experimenting with the sim for 6 months or more the decision was made to invest in the cfs3 upgrade.
    I'm committed to finishing the Aeronca and Ford tri motor for p3d and fsx, so as soon as those are finished I will start on the rebuild.

Some assets of cfs3 will remain as they are still pretty good but most if not all models in the game will be replaced, and land class and sky environment will be upgraded.

Right now I have a few people researching what has been done to the sim so we can look at that and if we can improve on it. If not we will put links to that upgrade on the cr1 site or ask for permission to host it on our site as part of the up grade or just simply buy out the developer on that one thing and then use it, but it has to be top shelf for me to do that.

I will say more as we get into the build and I will post news often once the project starts. That will be the day after the Ford Tri-Motor release for 3PD.

So to fund this development, I will release the elements like planes for p3d and fsx as well as cfs3 and they will be at those sims level, like my Tri-Motor. Bigger things for cfs3 like the land class upgrade will be put up for low cost to you.

It will take some doing but if I can generate a small community for this sim then I will just stay in it and add more and more as time goes on.

Right now It runs perfectly in WINDOWSX and I'm doing shaders and experimenting with the environment to see what water looks best.

If you have suggestions pm me if you like.

Thanks!!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

So is this going to be very different from say, WOTR, which still of course used the CFS3 engine, and in fact much of the same architecture? I think to generate any enthusiasm, especially as it will be pw, You will have to flesh out your plan in a way that also makes sense to those less familiar with programming and design terminology. So far it's all a bit vague IMHO. If you really can bring CFS3 into the 3rd decade of the 21st century, that would be great!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Let's be clear here. I said upgrade not new game. I also said lm still developing for p3d and fsx. I'm not going to redevelop the wheel.

Yes it is possible to upgrade cfs3 to today's standards and I am going personally to Microsoft to ask for permission and source files to do so.

If I was going to make a all new combat sim I would use the starlight game engine and use the real world function in it and just build a all new combat sim.

The upgrade will have all new models. Like the tiger tank that we built to test in cfs3. It is on the level of world of tanks....so you can run around doing tank battles if you like.

I'm not going to blow away millions on this maybe 200 k on cash as I need to do that anyways for tax purposes as cr1 did very well in its contracting over the last few years.

But yes cfs3 will be dramatically improved

Think like this.. stock cfs3 planes at 100k poly count....new ones to replace that crap....7 million poly planes....set the game to run from gpu and not cpu. Ask ms to allow cr1 to upgrade to dx11 or higher. Expand texture mapping to as high as 5000x5000 new mesh and as well as lighting upgrades.
    High def sounds..effects over haul. Shadow over haul new looking interface....

So now do you get the picture?

You should be talking to AnKor...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I'm not sure what I can contribute here
    A team with an access to the source code will make most of my work obsolete.

Nope it won't. I could really use some of your time as you know alot more then I do about cfs3. Could I contact you in the coming days?

I can build anything but I need to keep the pipe line stream lined as well. So your insight and experience would help me alot.
    Thanks for posting!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas J Wood View Post
    Let's be clear here. I said upgrade not new game. I also said lm still developing for p3d and fsx. I'm not going to redevelop the wheel.

Yes it is possible to upgrade cfs3 to today's standards and I am going personally to Microsoft to ask for permission and source files to do so.

I ..............................

But yes cfs3 will be dramatically improved

Think like this.. stock cfs3 planes at 100k poly count....new ones to replace that crap....7 million poly planes....set the game to run from gpu and not cpu. Ask ms to allow cr1 to upgrade to dx11 or higher. Expand texture mapping to as high as 5000x5000 new mesh and as well as lighting upgrades.
    High def sounds..effects over haul. Shadow over haul new looking interface....

So now do you get the picture?

That's clearer. Thanks.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon5 Perspective

I maybe the lone ranger here but making the game look prettier is nice and having models that are in high detail is ok if all you care about is appearance. Sure anyone can make high poly models by adding nuts bolts, highly detailed radial engines and other stuff, but then all you have is a nice looking set of models chasing each other.

Heck once you are in the cockpit and 100 meters away from your enemy external detail of their plane is extraneous; IMHO what really matters is the functionality and appearance of your plane's cockpit and flight characteristics, damage profiles etc. In a dogfight really don't have much time or purpose in admiring the details on your target's plane.

So to me, and only me, if the flight models are not improved a bit, AI is made like say IL2 or WOFF, we get radio navigation, real three dimensional radar, guided rockets, revised damage models so multi-engined planes are modeled correctly, better effects, the same gauge flexibility as FSX, etc then so what. Heck, CFS4 was to (to my knowledge from folks on the development team) have all these features.

I hope that you address all what I have mentioned and that anyone can modify the sim without having to pay or get permission to add things.

My thoughts maybe a little direct but we are among friends....

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    I maybe the lone ranger here but making the game look prettier is nice and having models that are in high detail is ok if all you care about is appearance. Sure anyone can make high poly models by adding nuts bolts, highly detailed radial engines and other stuff, but then all you have is a nice looking set of models chasing each other.

Heck once you are in the cockpit and 100 meters away from your enemy external detail of their plane is extraneous; IMHO what really matters is the functionality and appearance of your plane's cockpit and flight characteristics, damage profiles etc. In a dogfight really don't have much time or purpose in admiring the details on your target's plane.

So to me, and only me, if the flight models are not improved a bit, AI is made like say IL2 or WOFF, we get radio navigation, real three dimensional radar, guided rockets, revised damage models so multi-engined planes are modeled correctly, better effects, the same gauge flexibility as FSX, etc then so what. Heck, CFS4 was to (to my knowledge from folks on the development team) have all these features.

I hope that you address all what I have mentioned and that anyone can modify the sim without having to pay or get permission to add things.

My thoughts maybe a little direct but we are among friends....

I would agree; and certainly true for night time!

Members who have read this thread: 1