3 Monitors... What graphics card?

Thread: 3 Monitors... What graphics card?

3 Monitors... What graphics card?

So I tried this for the first time. It was awesome, even before carefully setting up the view groups (the default 3 monitor setup worked pretty well). It was great! In Juno at least. Went to JFK with the scenery almost maxed out like I usually do and it started crawling at 8 fps.

So currently I have a GTX 970 w. 4GB. I am wondering how much of an improvement I might see with this:
    https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-r...quicklink=true

Any feedback would be appreciated!

I almost went for the same card to go with my new system, but I decided to wait, since my GTX 980 Ti is still working well for me and the next generation GPU's are going to be released soon.... which should lower the prices of the current top tier graphics cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratermaker View Post
    So I tried this for the first time. It was awesome, even before carefully setting up the view groups (the default 3 monitor setup worked pretty well). It was great! In Juno at least. Went to JFK with the scenery almost maxed out like I usually do and it started crawling at 8 fps.

So currently I have a GTX 970 w. 4GB. I am wondering how much of an improvement I might see with this:
    https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-r...quicklink=true

Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I have a 4 monitor setup (3 for the cockpit view, and 1 for the gauges) and use a Zotac rtx 2080 amp (https://smile.amazon.com/ZOTAC-GeFor...s%2A=0&ie=UTF8)

It works great, and I get a steady 50fps, stutter free experience. (140-180fps in single monitor setup).

Be advised that the actual result of upgrading your GPU depends on your actual pc configuration (CPU/RAM). The CPU has to be able to provide the GPU with enough work load!

I originally put my GPU, as an upgrade, in my pc with a i7-2600k @4.3GHz, plus 16 GB 2100 ram, and got good frame rates, but noticed the GPU was just not able to perform to it's full capacity.
    Then, last November, I upgraded my pc to a i7-9700k @5GHz, and 32 GB 3200 ram. Now I get the performance I mentioned and am a very happy camper.

I am not sure what the performance difference between a 2070 and a 2080 is, when used in a multi monitor setup. I am sure there are reviews and youtube videos regarding that.

@awstub does have a point in regards to the new graphics cards that are supposed to be released soon (whenever "soon" might be).

Good luck.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I am using a RTX 2070 with 4 monitors. I get reasonable frame rates, though my CPU limits me to some extent. So far I am resisting replacing it because I dread another full install of P3D and all the related extras!
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

It's so true about the underlying system specs.

My GTX 980 Ti was barely able to average 30 fps when it was in my old system.
    Now, with my new system, the same card is giving me 175+ fps... sometimes over 200 fps.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

I'm not into multiple monitors (at this time) but I do like plenty of grunt!
    Just finished this box and am exploring how far and how fast I can get it to run before I hit the wall.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

@Wombat666: is that a 1000 Watt's PSU I see there? is that enough running two RTX2080TI's, your CPU and the water cooling?

Cheers,

Priller

Yes indeed!
    Seems to be quite comfortable, I've run a few stress tests and so far nothing has gone pop!
    I'm at Level 1 O/C now, be interesting when I step up to Level 2.......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstreak View Post
    I am using a RTX 2070 with 4 monitors. I get reasonable frame rates, though my CPU limits me to some extent. So far I am resisting replacing it because I dread another full install of P3D and all the related extras!
    What CPU and memory quantity and speed are you using with your RTX 2070? Thanks.

Members who have read this thread: 0