SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,390.00 USD (94%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"




Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30

Thread: SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released

  1. #1

    SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released

    Recived by mail:

    After a long rework, the SWS Phantom is back in PBR! Making use of the latest tools and techniques, the SWS team have brought the Phantom up to modern standards, while future-proofing the product!

    This upgrade of the Phantom features:
    • High detail exterior and three cockpit models
    • Full set of scratch-built PBR texture maps for exterior and VC
    • 19 accurate schemes
    • Full integration with SWS Carriers Extended
    • Full TacPack integration
    • Realistic systems modelling and full custom Autopilot
    • Dynamic lighting

    The PBR Phantom is a stand-alone product, priced at 39.99€.

    SWS customers who bought the legacy Phantom from us will be able to buy it for 19.99€ by using the coupon they will find in their SWS account page.


    https://simworksstudios.com/f4bn-pha...r3dv4-pbr.html
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

    Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, MFG Rudder, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, FiP and BiP, iPad2 for maps [P3Dv4.5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX, FC] VR HP Reverb v2

  2. #2
    Sometimes I get a little picky........in this case where the 'F4B/N' promotion is illustrated by an F4C!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Sometimes I get a little picky........in this case where the 'F4B/N' promotion is illustrated by and F4C!
    it IS an F-4B... prior to the F-4C the USAF Acquired about 27 F-4B's as the F-110 'Spectre' as a lead in to the C variant to train instructor up and such ready for the C variant, they were Production Line B's pulled and given USAF Markings

    https://theaviationgeekclub.com/befo...MYgEzexRAI_7HI

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 86346556_10157860492041564_5904559504820797440_o.jpg  

  4. #4
    Charter Member 2015 delta_lima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,022
    Great news.

    Wonder what all the new schemes are? I spot a PMTC F-4N pumpkin Will defnitely be getting this ...

  5. #5
    Bought it this evening, it's very nice! I hope to see the repainters redo their F-4C/D repaints to work with this version. The texture format is different so it's not a simple drop-in.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    Not sure I will spring another 20 euros to buy the same plane a second time - just to get the nice PBR shiny bits. Am put off by SWS dropping their web site forum and user support there.
    Well I've been to one World Fair a picnic and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard come over a set of earphones.

  7. #7
    I'll be updating the repaints I made. I just set up my new PC and haven't had time to get the paint kit just yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Bought it this evening, it's very nice! I hope to see the repainters redo their F-4C/D repaints to work with this version. The texture format is different so it's not a simple drop-in.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

  8. #8




    Here's a couple of newer skins.

    Dave

  9. #9
    Charter Member 2015 delta_lima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,022
    Nice shots Dave!!!

    Nice to see a late-ish VMFA-531. PMTC pumpkin is a treat too.

    Any later low-vis schemes? 152291 would be lovely.

    http://nambp.org/mcdonnell-f-4n-phantom-ii

    Much as I love the very late VMFA-235 paint at the top, they flew the J, so not sure if that was in non flying condition / ground training status when that pic was taken.

    But the low(er)-vis VF-154 saw service, and was in the original repaint pack, albeit with some mistakes. That’d be a nice one.


    VF-21 N model on her last cruise, a little tired, but lovely to my eyes:

    https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...ight_1983.jpeg

    Thanks Stu-I believe you were behind at least some of these released repaints. They look great, and I look forward to whatever else you have cooking

  10. #10
    If that first article you linked is correct, and I don't doubt it in the least, while that bird was at VMFAT-101, I worked on it at least once. Probably a lot more.

    Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

  11. #11
    The F-4 paintkit will be uploaded this week on the website, so I hope we see more paints cropping up!

    The fuselage layout is identical to the old one, so the old paints should be easier to port!

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I'll be updating the repaints I made. I just set up my new PC and haven't had time to get the paint kit just yet.
    Thank you! Those repaints were very nice on the original version and I look forward to flying them again.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #13
    That will definitely make it easier.

    It sure would be nice if SWS came out with a true F-4C though.


    Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    The F-4 paintkit will be uploaded this week on the website, so I hope we see more paints cropping up!

    The fuselage layout is identical to the old one, so the old paints should be easier to port!
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

  14. #14


    Here's another one.....

    Dave

  15. #15
    Charter Member 2015 delta_lima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post


    Here's another one.....

    Dave
    Cool! Interesting choice, from VX-4. These are schemes that rarely get coverage.

    Thanks.

  16. #16
    Yes, 1st time I have seen it, what's the nickname for that one?
    Fly Navy/Army (Ret. 2/2018)
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Yes, 1st time I have seen it, what's the nickname for that one?
    It's called "Baby Blue".

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post


    Here's another one.....

    Dave
    What a beautiful scheme!

    I am trying to work on an Afterburner enhancement pack for this model to add more fire in the burner cans. Got it to work BUT with the usual Animated Particle Afterburner effects, there is a issue with the bmp texture rotating/flipping when the aircraft turns or rolls. Trying to find a solution if at all possible.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by StormILM
    What a beautiful scheme!

    I am trying to work on an Afterburner enhancement pack for this model to add more fire in the burner cans. Got it to work BUT with the usual Animated Particle Afterburner effects, there is a issue with the bmp texture rotating/flipping when the aircraft turns or rolls. Trying to find a solution if at all possible.
    I just finished patching a little bug in the burners' dynamic lights, but wanted to get in touch with someone who knows effects to make us a burner using them.

    BTW, try using "static=1" and the facing variable, it may stop the thing from flipping.

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    I just finished patching a little bug in the burners' dynamic lights, but wanted to get in touch with someone who knows effects to make us a burner using them.

    BTW, try using "static=1" and the facing variable, it may stop the thing from flipping.
    Thanks for that info, will get back into it and test to see if that helps.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  21. #21
    Gave a shot into adding the Static entry into the effects parameter and no joy. I saw this bmp tumbling issue with the Milviz F-100D but in P3V4, it's pretty much an issue with any of the old particle Aniburner effects.

    In my opinion, the flame effect is pretty good, just the need of the fire deep in the burner can. The method the DCS models use is the best I have seen since the original FS9/FSX aniburner effects first came out. if possible, that would be the best way to get the burner effect looking more befitting to the model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f-4-phantom-inline4-photo-659976-s-original.jpg  

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  22. #22
    The paintkit for the Phantom is now released. You can find it in the product page, by clicking the "free extras" tab under the pictures: http://simworksstudios.com/f4bn-phan...r3dv4-pbr.html

    SimWorks Studios

    Alex Vletsas

    3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

  23. #23
    Charter Member 2015 delta_lima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,022
    Other then the VMFA-531 and 2x PMTC bird, can someone please list what the new (delta from the original pre-PBR) paint schemes are included?

    Thinking of pulling the trigger on this - just want to know what is new paint-wise, in addition the PBR.

    thanks,

    dl

  24. #24
    The PBR really adds to the model depending on the environment, spent too much time in the external views.

    USAF F-110A
    NATC
    PMTC
    VF-51 CAG
    VF-84
    VF-96
    VF-111
    VF-121
    VF-143
    VF-151x2
    VF-154
    VF-161
    VMFA-314
    VMFA-321
    VMFA-351
    VMFA-531
    VMFA-531/RN
    VX-4
    VX-4 Blue

    Hoping some of the USAF SEA camos get converted over to PBR for the C/D.
    Fly Navy/Army (Ret. 2/2018)
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

  25. #25
    Charter Member 2015 delta_lima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The PBR really adds to the model depending on the environment, spent too much time in the external views.

    USAF F-110A
    NATC
    PMTC
    VF-51 CAG
    VF-84
    VF-96
    VF-111
    VF-121
    VF-143
    VF-151x2
    VF-154
    VF-161
    VMFA-314
    VMFA-321
    VMFA-351
    VMFA-531
    VMFA-531/RN
    VX-4
    VX-4 Blue

    Hoping some of the USAF SEA camos get converted over to PBR for the C/D.
    Thanks - very kind, V!

Members who have read this thread: 180

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •