SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released

I had to build a new system and I'm still getting everything sorted out but I should be getting to the SEA camo paints converted pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The PBR really adds to the model depending on the environment, spent too much time in the external views.

USAF F-110A
    NATC
    PMTC
    VF-51 CAG
    VF-84
    VF-96
    VF-111
    VF-121
    VF-143
    VF-151x2
    VF-154
    VF-161
    VMFA-314
    VMFA-321
    VMFA-351
    VMFA-531
    VMFA-531/RN
    VX-4
    VX-4 Blue

Hoping some of the USAF SEA camos get converted over to PBR for the C/D.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I had to build a new system and I'm still getting everything sorted out but I should be getting to the SEA camo paints converted pretty soon.
    Sweet! Looking forward to them!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Where's VMFAT-101?
    If a Marine pilot or RIO was in the Phantom, they went through '101.
    I was attached to 101 for nearly 10 years, late 70's through early and mid-80's, and we had a lot of pilots and RIOs run through. As well, I was with VMFA-333 when they finally transitioned to the Hornet from the Phantom.
    That's when I decided it was time to move on. A very sad loss, when the Phantom finally went away...

Still, some very nice paints!
    Thanks for the memories...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

More testing last night on the Fallon ranges and 2 things I'm working, pitch trim and drag chute. Similar to the thread on the T-37 trim, I've checked my settings and all is good in other models using the TM Warthog, but no pitch trim. For the chute, after nosewheel touchdown, in the VC moved the drag chute lever up to deploy and the aircraft stopped immediately on the runway.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    More testing last night on the Fallon ranges and 2 things I'm working, pitch trim and drag chute. Similar to the thread on the T-37 trim, I've checked my settings and all is good in other models using the TM Warthog, but no pitch trim. For the chute, after nosewheel touchdown, in the VC moved the drag chute lever up to deploy and the aircraft stopped immediately on the runway.
    That's interesting feedback, as I'm about to pull the trigger on this.

Anyone else see issues either with missing pitch trim and an overly aggressive drag chute dynamics?

thanks,

dl

Blog Entries
    I’d still like to get this upgrade, especially in light of SWS’s kind offer of their older F-4.

Just wanted to see if the pitch trim had been sorted. I don’t want another Milviz type pitch control issue.

Thanks.

The PBR really adds to the model depending on the environment, spent too much time in the external views.

USAF F-110A
    NATC
    PMTC
    VF-51 CAG
    VF-84
    VF-96
    VF-111
    VF-121
    VF-143
    VF-151x2
    VF-154
    VF-161
    VMFA-314
    VMFA-321
    VMFA-351
    VMFA-531
    VMFA-531/RN
    VX-4
    VX-4 Blue

Hoping some of the USAF SEA camos get converted over to PBR for the C/D.

Question,
    I have the SWS F-4B and didn't see VF-154 texture in the mix although I sure would like to of had a VF-154 texture.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Question,
    I have the SWS F-4B and didn't see VF-154 texture in the mix although I sure would like to of had a VF-154 texture.
    I think you have to download the latest installer to have those textures Butch.

Take care,

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I think you have to download the latest installer to have those textures Butch.

Take care,

Priller
    Well, I re-installed the FSX/P3Dv3 version and no VF-154 in there. Maybe ion the P3D V4 but I wouldn't understand the omission of one texture because of version.

VF-154 was added in the PBR upgrade and doesn't exist for the original one. Matt made a couple more, I think VX-4 "Baby Blue" was one of them.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    VF-154 was added in the PBR upgrade and doesn't exist for the original one. Matt made a couple more, I think VX-4 "Baby Blue" was one of them.
    Thanks for the info Alex.

BTW what was the APR folder for? Didn't find any info in any manuals...

Regarding pitch trim are you using an axis or hat? If using a hat switch, under controls, make sure that the "Repeat" slider next to your setting is in the middle. The chute problem has literally just been identified and we'll get to it.

Butch, APR-24 Phantoms is a naming convention we adopted. Phantoms that had the APR-24 RWR set didn't get the AFC218 update with the slotted stabilators, so flew different to newer Phantoms (late B/N). This is our way of saying "Phantom with RWR but early B model flight dynamics".

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Has anyone got the RFN carrier gauge to work with the F-4? I'm trying to land a B on the Victorious (which seems to have happened once in '65!) but the landing sight needs the gauge to work. For some reason when I swap standby and active frequencies nothing goes to the active frequency. I've tried matching a working aircraft's panel and aircraft cfg files but no joy.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    Regarding pitch trim are you using an axis or hat? If using a hat switch, under controls, make sure that the "Repeat" slider next to your setting is in the middle. The chute problem has literally just been identified and we'll get to it.

Butch, APR-24 Phantoms is a naming convention we adopted. Phantoms that had the APR-24 RWR set didn't get the AFC218 update with the slotted stabilators, so flew different to newer Phantoms (late B/N). This is our way of saying "Phantom with RWR but early B model flight dynamics".
    Thanks for explaining the APR label.

VF-154 Black Knights

Would any one out there that uses the PBR version of the SWS F-4 please post a picture of the VF-154 texture?

I am curious as to how the paint scheme looks.

Thanks in advance.

Alex - I recently bought the upgrade and there is no VF-154. Grateful if it could be posted here or somewhere to download. Shame the old repaints don't fit the new bird. Be great to replicate the extra repaint pack we had for the legacy aircraft.
    Thanks!
    expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I'm a bit late to the party regarding the Phantoms; I have given up on getting the Milviz F-4J/S to work so I have gone for the fantastic SWS B/N pack. First out from me are 2 N paints; VF-202 Superheats early 80s and VF-154 81-82-ish, both in early low vis schemes (prior to the TPS).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 97197130_2589169587988955_6177667507281723392_n.jpg   96899796_841362309686261_1923696000539557888_n.jpg   96170138_691325508309900_8405707085144129536_n.jpg   97075256_680895766062018_9038232777161441280_n.jpg   96547468_540256290012567_1868242827377377280_n.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I'm having a problem when attaching the SWS F-4N on the USS Coral Sea cat. The tires goes into the deck and no visible bridle. It is in 3.4. Any help is much appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot345.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I'm having a problem when attaching the SWS F-4N on the USS Coral Sea cat. The tires goes into the deck and no visible bridle. It is in 3.4. Any help is much appreciated!
    Hi Jens,

I am having the exact same problem. I submitted a support ticket on their website back in late februari. Current status is that they are still working on it.

Same here - glad to see it's not just me! I press Shift +U and the nose gear extends but Shift + I fails every time to engage the bridle. Same issue with CV 43 and other aircraft. SWS say they are working on this.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Setting up the cat and bridle for FSX/P3D carriers should be something the addon makers know how do do. Even freeware ships have that feature.

The Midway/Coral Sea pack is judging from the details a work of passion and I hope we can get a timeline from the SWS team about when it will be fixed. Not much point with a super detailed carrier battle group if you cannot even get launched from the ship.

I did 4 traps last evening on the Coral Sea with the VF-154 N paint I'm working on and I must say that the visual of both the carrier and group is stunning! Outstanding work! I just hope we can get the cat working properly.

It would have been something to get an early 80s Coral Sea as well with F-4s, E-2Bs, A-6s, A-7s and RF-8! I know the carrier itself got some rework at this time with the new CIWS and radar systems, but it should not be to much change from the 70s model.

Back to the Phantom, I have not found any information with how to get the "gunsight" working. Any advice?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

BTW, testing with linking screenshots from Dropbox for higher res. It seems to work with some editing of the link code. How is this working with download bandwith vs my storage limit on dropbox etc? Just trying to find an alternative to photobucket and since I already have dropbox I thought I might give it a try.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Any ideas why my PBR F-4 (with the most recent updates) look like this instead of how it look in others' screenies?

Blog Entries
    Jens, FWIW, I’ve had the same sunken wheel cat issues you have. For the longest time I had functionally given up on SWS products, but slowly the issues are getting sorted.

One of my pet peeves (as per my post about what I thought was a problem with AICarriers) is that launching Fleets and then going back to an AICarrier formation kills the cat function on all of the latter carriers until I exit the sim and come back.

The other, and more substantial-is that planes which come modelled with bridles and holdbacks lose these when attached to SWS cats. Makes no sense. Plus their position changes. The F-8 will sit “flat” - main gear 2’ off the deck instead of squatted properly on all three. At least I got it to trap and launch. So there’s that .

Jen, those low(er) vis schemes are a dream come true. I too have given up on the MV Phantom-a complete mess in P3D. So I’ve had to abandon all the great J/S later-period schemes I liked so much. The VF-154 is one I’ve longed to have back. Will this be for the regular model or the PBR model? And on the VF-202, is there a reason the IRST isn’t fully painted? By this period, I believe they usually were:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki...ight_1983.jpeg

Anyway - I’m so thrilled for some later period paints. If you’re open doing to USMC J/S type schemes, that’d be a real treat!

Thanks for posting progress shots on these.

DL

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Any ideas why my PBR F-4 (with the most recent updates) look like this instead of how it look in others' screenies?
    Angle of the light source?

Members who have read this thread: 0