SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SWS F-4 B/N Phantom PBR released

Frank, it looks this way "at all angles" unfortunately. I am using Tomatoshade shaders. But that makes other PBR textures look even better if anything. I wonder if my install or settings aren't right some way. Did a straight forward install of the recent upgrade the other day over the original PBR install.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Regarding the colour on the IRST on the VF-202 paint, the reason was that this paint was my first on the N and the paintkit does not really makes it possible to have it in any other colour than black. It has now been modified as you can see on the VF-154 paint :-) (and of course "retro" painted to the 202 paint)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

BTW, does any of you have any info on the paint scheme the used by VF-154 on their helmets in the early 80s. It seems as they were black with some red details.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Great looking paints and funny I was just searching an early VF-2 F-14 helmet paint. For early 80s, this would be pre 100% reflective white tape required by NAVAIR, so the black/red seems correct. I can't find any good color pics yet. Using the USN cruise book site.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Expat,

Regarding paints in the 3 grey colours scheme called TPS, rather few N models got it. But there are pictures of a few Ns in the TPS scheme, including a VF-154 bird in the very last year they flew the N.

J and S models gets a rather different look with the larger nozzle, clean radome without the IRST and shorter ew blisters on the intakes, so I'll keep the paints to real Ns.

Have any of you got the "gunsight" (weapon sight) working?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hello,

Latest on the VF-154 low vis paint; After some research and help from Frank Safrenek I think I have something which is pretty close to the helmet art used by the squadron in the early 80s. “Knight” (“crusader”) helmet visor art and a red angled V overlapping at the back with the other side. All in red on a black background. It add some life to the grey scheme.

I got an answer back from SWS that we might get a paintkit for the static aircraft after they have finished the cat issue patch. It is one texture per aircraft with one decal texture (the aircraft have individual numbers from this decal texture). It will make I possible to make a larger selection of different cruises. It would be great with a E-2 Hawkeye on the Coral Sea though for some late Phantom cruises??

I have set up a 1982ish ship group around US Coral Sea with 2 Charles F. Adams-class destroyers (1 as plane guard), 1 Spruance class destroyer, 1 Oliver Hazard Perry frigate and the USS Mispillion tanker. So removed the Forrest Sherman class destroyer as most of them were taken out of service around this time. A question for you navy experts, is this ship group plausible or completely out of reality? The ships were at least in service in 1982, any more ships I should include?

DDG-19 USS Tattnall as plane guard. A jolly nice model included in the SWS Midway class pack

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Blog Entries
    Jens - now that is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm equally stoked about the prospect of repainted AI statics to reflect an early 80s cruise. No such configuration with F-4s exists to my knowledge in any CV, and it would be a dream come true to fly both the SWS F-4, and one day (hopefully) RF-8G in 1979/80, 1981/82 cruises.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RF-8 last cruise.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	76238

For that matter, a similarly repainted deck layout for early 80s CV-41 from which to fly the already available RF-4 in the correct period would be dream-come-true material.

For the Coral Sea 73 model you will when removing the A-3 and E-1 and having the deck ready for both recovery and launches from the left and waist cats have A-7s, F-4s and Sea King in the statick parking. Repainting these to match the early 80s cruises are easy when/if the paintkit gets available (only issue is that you can only have one paint scheme for each sqn, either high vis or low vis scheme- not both). It would have been something to have the A-6, RF-8 and E-2 as well :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

These 6 paints are packed up and more or ready for release. All for the pre PBR SWS Phantom. Screenshots from V3, but I hope it will pass :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Great stuff Jens. Very much appreciated. Thanks
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

This is the second rework of our cockpit textures for the PBR model. Expected in the next update, along with v5 compatibility.

Hope you like them!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0_12.jpg   0_14.jpg   0_14.jpg   0_16.jpg   0_09.jpg  

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Amazing work Alex! Crg!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

And some more, as we get close to the finish line! We will be running a 20% off our PBR Phantom until the end of the month, so feel free to attack it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 02.jpg   12.jpg  

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

This Phantom just keeps getting better and better. So awesome, Alex. Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0