Check out my new cockpit and computer! Video

Thread: Check out my new cockpit and computer! Video

Check out my new cockpit and computer! Video

So, I have finally moved out of the living room into a dedicated cockpit (cupboard!) and I also finally have a dedicated flight sim computer (previously I had a partition on the family computer which was also the entertainment system).

The tour of the cockpit is very short and then I take you for my first proper flight. The flight is in the A2A Spitfire around my local area in southern England.

Enjoy!
    The Sky is the Limit
    The ground is just an unfortunate inconvenience!

Congrats on the nice new system. You have put it to good use already and seemingly are having minimal issues with setup. It was interesting to me to see some add-ons such as Orbx in use.

I am curious about the resolution you have selected for that nice monitor. You may have the ability to bump it higher without a performance penalty. I recently changed the cable on mine so that I could use the DisplayPort instead of HDMI. It allows higher resolution. Of course YouTube is not the place for high resolution so we may not be seeing what you are experiencing first-hand.

Thanks for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Congrats on the nice new system. You have put it to good use already and seemingly are having minimal issues with setup. It was interesting to me to see some add-ons such as Orbx in use.

I am curious about the resolution you have selected for that nice monitor. You may have the ability to bump it higher without a performance penalty. I recently changed the cable on mine so that I could use the DisplayPort instead of HDMI. It allows higher resolution. Of course YouTube is not the place for high resolution so we may not be seeing what you are experiencing first-hand.

Thanks for your efforts.
    Cheers! It is early days yet and I have only installed about half of my historic purchases, not to mention all the freeware stuff I like. I am being methodical in my approach so as to (hopefully) find any issues early when they arise. Like the ships - problem solved already - and the tiles around the nuclear power station - I don't know what is going on there.

Thanks for reminding me about the monitor resolution! The thought had passed through my mind when I was plugging it all in but I had forgotten. At the moment I am just using the recommended settings from W10 (which seemed a bit low to me at the time). I can use Display Port as it is supported but I don't know if I have the cable at present - I will have to search through all my stuff in storage. We have not long been moved to this new house so everything is still a bit in disarray!
    The Sky is the Limit

Nice system and a well used cupboard! When my son left home, I took his room.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Nice system and a well used cupboard! When my son left home, I took his room.

Cheers,
    Huub
    My son is only 4 - I couldn't wait!
    The Sky is the Limit

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce66 View Post
    My son is only 4 - I couldn't wait!
    In roughly 20 years you will love to see him leave and buy a new machine again to fill the empty room

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0