Curtiss A-12 Shrike trainer and light bomber for Fs9.

Thread: Curtiss A-12 Shrike trainer and light bomber for Fs9.

Curtiss A-12 Shrike trainer and light bomber for Fs9.

Hi Folks,
    Love the inter-war years of flying, so decided to finish the Shrike next. This is a combo of old models, with a new VC and a lot of extras/upgrades, new ani's etc. Read the README please. With two new texs and found some great sounds which I combined with the originals, I'm going to use those with other ac!

Just finishing touches.....

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shrike Fs9 1.jpg   Shrike Fs9 4.jpg   Shrike Fs9 Cha.jpg  

Blog Entries
    That Curtiss is a sharp looking model Shessi! U.S. Air Corps birds between the wars were very colorful.

Shessi,

As you were so quiet during the last days, I knew you we up to something!

Thank,
    Huub

Thanks Shessi

Great timing as I'm going through the throes of installing a GW3 package exclusively for 'Between the Wars' classics, and these will be most welcome.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Out Flippin' Standing !!!

Thank you !!!

Gonna do the in-line A-8 too?

Skin Grafts

I see that the external textures from my old skins for David's A-12 can be used with this new model. Well, they can be used as-is with the bombed up model. The model with the drop tank uses the "skeleton" texture with the squadron insignia on it, so that would need to be repainted to work with the tanked model.

If you do the conversions, you'll see how different Shessi's and my versions of Air Corps Blue look. I believe Shessi's duller and slightly greener version is more correct for most, maybe all, of the time when blue Shrikes were in service. My blue is more like the Navy's True Blue, which the Air Corps adopted around the time when tactical aircraft started being left in bare metal, and I'm not so sure that any Shrikes lasted long enough to be painted in that shade. I no longer recall why I used the later shade back when I painted those old skins.

Come to think it it, I believe that Shessi's darker yellow is also more correct than the shade I used. The yellow I used may be more like the Navy's yellow; they were not the same. I painted that old Shrike a long time ago, and I guess I've learned a little bit since then. I think it was the first thing David and I worked on together. I painted his P-26 before that, but we didn't work together on it; he finished it and released it, then I painted more skins for it. Wow, what a long time ago that was!

I am sorely tempted to recreate my other blue Shrike skins using Shessi's blue one as a base, but I have no hobby time at all these days and have no idea when I'll get some again. I fear that it won't be any time soon. (Drat!) Anyway, if you want to, you can make copies of Shessi's texture folder and paste in copies of my old texture files. Don't just try to use my old skins as they are, as the other texture files are not all the same.

very good. hoping for a cfs2 version someday

Hi Folks,
    Mick, yes from 2006!!!

And no I won't do the A-8 at the moment, maybe in the future.

Dm,

Very soon.....

Cheers

Shessi

This is one for me, interwar-periode and colorfull, love it, thank you so much Shessi

Cheers

Udo

Members who have read this thread: 0