FSX:SE Joystick not Working
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 4200 USD, Received: 2,750.00 USD (66%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2024 Charter Membership Drive"

All online donations at this time are through PayPal

Snailmail donations can still be sent, see this thread

Alternate Donations

Please log in before making your donation.

Please read this years announcement on the home page for important information

Announcement Post

Accepted Payment Types

Thread: FSX:SE Joystick not Working

FSX:SE Joystick not Working

Hey guys,
    so I haven't used FSX:SE in a while until recently. Inputs from my joystick no longer work. The sim can "see" the joystick, but it isn't responding to any inputs. I already made sure all the boxes in the Steam controller menu are UNCHECKED, and the joystick is enabled in the sim. I even completely uninstalled FSX:SE, including everything in the program files, and everything in users/app data/roaming, and then reinstalled. I'm at a loss folks. What am I missing here?
    Thanks

Bump please!

Hi I know this is an old thread but I just joined this forum.

A little over a year ago the Steam application was updated in such a way that it has its own controller interface for all games that runs under Steam, including FSX:SE (which otherwise doesn't use Steam's features besides the F12 key for screen shots).

So here's how to fix this issue:

a) Ensure that the controllers you want to use are plugged in and that FSX:SE is not running.
    b) Go to the Steam application. Go to Settings-->Controller-->General Controller Settings
    c) You will see five checkboxes. Uncheck everything (although I have had success leaving the topmost box checked). Close it and confirm any warning messages.
    d) Try using FSX again. Does the fix work?

Members who have read this thread: 1