Rami Status - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rami Status

We're happy for you to be there too!
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Great news Rami, rest up and follow all Doctor's orders....I am so glad it all went well and you got there and back safely. Please keep us posted. I join all here welcoming you back on Board. Chris
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

Icon25

Good news. Hope you can get a speedy recovery.

Angry Reply...

Good evening,

It doesn't appear to be happening soon, I am still dealing with bleeding from my neck and a hematoma; even twelve days after the procedure. I am considering going into Boston to have them take the stitches out, look at my neck, put the stitches back in correctly this time, and start over.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Yikes and damm.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Andrew,
    Under the circumstances the expression "chin up" is definitely a non starter!
    Wishing you a speedy and successful correction.

You are "in my smoke." Get well soon my brother.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Rami - Good news.

Rami,

I understand your concern and wish the best of everything. Haven't contacted you for a great while. Lost my left kidney to cancer last November but after removal have had zero problems. I go in for an annual CT scan June 21st. If you wish and would like please call me anytime at 208-735-8890 or email me at browngib@gibbrown.com. At 87 (88 in October) I have slowed down alot. Walk with a cane and then not far. Good to here you are still in there kicking for Simulation.

Best Regards,

Gib Brown
    Last edited by browngib; May 26th, 2021 at 15:11. Reason: Miss type lof phone number.

Wishing you can have a speedy recovery.

Sorry Rami. It will be OK. You are a "patient "patient!

For those of you who don't know, Rami IS well. his daily workload is less and he will be more active on the SOH scene any time now. I will let him relate his exact status.
    "De Oppresso Liber"

Thanks SW 07. He has sure had his ups and downs! I see his last post on this thread was last June. My bad!

Icon22 Reply...

Hey guys,

First, thanks for responding, Shadow Wolf. Lately, things have been kind of a mixed bag. I am enjoying my job, but it and my children are keeping me busy. Fortunately, the ending of both graduate school, and for the most part, remote learning, have greatly lessened my stress level, but I am still dealing with burnout, along with interviewing for a new Special Education job for the 2021-2022 school year.

Being a male in a female-dominated field makes me a hot commodity. How hot, you ask? 11 interviews in eight working days, so I will likely have my choice of job. I am looking primarily at SPED over teaching Social Studies / History / Civics, because in today's political climate, it's almost impossible to discuss anything without drawing the ire of someone over something.

That being said, I am still having ulcer issues on my left ankle, and have also been dealing with bouts of clinical depression since Covid began. Although I am getting better, I still get into funks from time to time. I am hoping with the summer coming this will ease. I have many plans....Cape Cod League baseball games, the Bruins are in the playoffs, and with the Gahden at full capacity, I may pull the trigger and go to a playoff game, or a couple of Red Sox games.

I am also officially having my commencement on 29 July at Gillette Stadium, and my cousin Karen (the one who I stay with in Wisconsin) is flying out for the occasion. She's a huge Halloween freak, so we're taking her to Salem, as well as to the Lizzie Borden House in Fall River, and to the Newport mansions, along with a day trip to both the Cape and to Martha's Vineyard. So I'm looking forward to that.

Only a week or so after she departs on 5 August, I will be flying out to Wisconsin and staying with her and my extended family for another round at the Mayo before I start my new job, wherever that might be.

Depending on how things shape out timewise, I was even thinking of driving down to the Tidewater area and visiting Greg for several days, or maybe fly into Norfolk/Newport News.

But as far as CFS2 is concerned, I basically redid and corrected the Desert Air Force (Western Desert 1942) campaign except for two missions I need to complete. (I'm still debating whether to expand these missions - it's an issue of historical desire vs effort)

I'm finding it a little tough to recapture my mission mojo, but I'm getting there. Right now, I'm working on a layout for the new harbor scenery at Dunkirk. I have all the shipping placed, now I'm positioning AA guns before I move on to rail cars.

Thanks for checking on and being concerned about me!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0