FirefighterX

Thread: FirefighterX

FirefighterX

For people with FirfighterX installed in v4.5, is there a secret for refilling a bambi bucket at station? I reset my fuel to 50% to remove the weight issue and FirefighterX says it's refilling but the gauge keeps going from 0 to 1 and back to zero and never refills.

Thanks,
    LouP

I figured it out. Needed to **** lol. Now I need to learn how not to kill my engines over the fire.

LouP

OK read the manual again very carefully and there is no help on why my heli engines are dying or the proper procedure to prevent it from happening. I figure I'm either too slow or low but if I get up high the water will evaporate before hitting the fire. I tried various speeds and that didn't work either. I watched the ai to see if I could maybe follow his lead but he went right through the fire low and slow??? Any advice will be appreciated. This is a blast!!
    Last edited by LouP; February 8th, 2020 at 16:05.

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I figured it out. Needed to **** lol. Now I need to learn how not to kill my engines over the fire.

LouP

OK read the manual again very carefully and there is no help on why my heli engines are dying or the proper procedure to prevent it from happening. I figure I'm either too slow or low but if I get up high the water will evaporate before hitting the fire. I tried various speeds and that didn't work either. I watched the ai to see if I could maybe follow his lead but he went right through the fire low and slow??? Any advice will be appreciated. This is a blast!!
    I'm actually new to FFX in general. I also noticed I had engines catch fire and subsequently fail on airtankers I was using. I think this has to do with setting the "Minimum drop altitude" Which I believe is the minimum "safe" altitude. So if you go below that to drop it essentially models engine failure from getting too close the flames. At least that's what I think. I haven't had a lot of free time to really sit down and test that out yet.

On another note. I too am having problems with getting helos to refill from external tanks modeled on the helicopter already, not ones attached to it from FFX. So you aren't the only one.

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Hello fellow virtual firefighter pilots!

Oliver from Lorby SI is extremely supportive, so don’t hesitate and get in touch with him either by email or on his official support forum at Avsim :

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/7...support-forum/

Regarding the engine damages, I am pretty sure it is related to the*«*minimum safe altitude over fire*» parameter which can be adjusted in the settings.

One must bear in mind that the refill/scoop/drop/extinguishing properties are NOT related to visual models or effects, but to parameters set in the corresponding setting tab. So even if the drop effect stops before it reachs the fire, it will still extinguish it provided its location is accurate enough.

Hope it helps (a bit)

Thanks for the help guys :-) I'm having a blast with this add-on.

LouP

Members who have read this thread: 0