AI Carrier.Net Problem P3D v3

Thread: AI Carrier.Net Problem P3D v3

AI Carrier.Net Problem P3D v3

Installed AI Carrier in D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\AICarriers. Put aircraft.cfg from RFN Tacan in AI Carrier folder. Start P3D v3 and go to Add-Ons and select AI Ships. Everything works except the radio number. I notice when I select a channel; in the upper left corner, a green bar shows but it is always blank when I change the X or Y selector on the Tacan Radio. Asking if someone can help solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hardlucksam View Post
    Installed AI Carrier in D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\AICarriers. Put aircraft.cfg from RFN Tacan in AI Carrier folder. Start P3D v3 and go to Add-Ons and select AI Ships. Everything works except the radio number. I notice when I select a channel; in the upper left corner, a green bar shows but it is always blank when I change the X or Y selector on the Tacan Radio. Asking if someone can help solve this problem.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...99-Prepar3D-V4
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    But this is FSX topic
    Zsolt, relax .
    I wrote Today about this kind of situation here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1209758 .

According me, its not a problem of AI Carrier but your incomplete installation of RFN Gauge (the last version is RFN_CarrierGauge_V500).
    Did You install proper version for v3 (//Install panel 32) ? In this zip you have both version for 32 and 64 bits.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Installed Tacan version 5.00 32 bit dll

Forgot to mention; the radio and the gauge do show. When I select AI Ships, the selection screen shows the proper X Y frequencies. Just not activating.

Forgot to mention; the radio and the gauge do show. When I select AI Ships, the selection screen shows the proper X Y frequencies. Just not activating.
    And they won't. You're trying to get two different programs to mix into one another. It won't work. The AICarriers is to place mobile ships and fleets in the sim word. Doesn't have anything at all to do with assigning frequencies or anything else like that. Some planes, that use Mr. Jusev's amazing HUD system can "see" the carriers placed by AICarriers, but remember, the frequencies are assigned and activated within the HUD, not actually on the ships.
    The RFN program can also assign navigation frequencies to ships. But the ships placed with AIC do not have any inherent frequencies to them. The RFN gauges do that, similar to the way the HUD system does. But you need the entire RFN system operational, not just bits and pieces of it. It's a totally separate program, and must be treated and utilized as such. It doesn't interface with AIC in any way, other than reading what ships it places in the world, and assigning the correct frequencies to them for the RFN equipment to use.

Good luck, and I hope you enjoy the two programs!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Let me try this. I have used AICarriers for several years in FSX P3D v4, and now P3D v3. I used the java AICarriers. I am now trying to use the newer AICarriers.Net. I "think" I have the java file deleted, but not sure. Don't know where to look. As you can see, everything is in sync as far as the radio frequencies go. What am I missing? Appreciate your helping me out.

OK, once again, you're mixing up 2 different programs.
    First, let's forget for a minute just exactly which version of AICarriers you're using. If the version you are using will place a ship or formation into the sim world, preferably in the ocean, we'll call that good for now.

What you want is for the RFN gauges to pick up the ship you have placed, and let you know what freq. to use to navigate to it, and land on it, right?
    I am NOT a RFN pro, as I don't use it, but what I see on the screen is that RFN can detect what AI ships you have available, and perhaps place one in the world, yes?
    See, what you do with AICarriers doesn't affect the RFN setup, and vice versa. I think. I'll have to check deeper into the RFN gauges to be certain.
    In any event, let's say you place a ship with AICarriers. Like let's say the Nimitz v2, no addition ships in formation, empty deck. Now, you need to open the RFN gauge set, and find that exact ship on it's menu, over on the right. Once you do, select it. With the ship sailing along fat dumb and happy, do the RFN gauges detect it and tell you what freq. to tune to find it with the Nav instruments? Remember, you may, probably, need to set the correct freq into the plane's Nav radio, or maybe just the RFN gauge Nav instruments. Again, I don't use the RFN setup, so I am not certain.

A question, if I may: what plane are you using? Have you tried placing a ship with AICarriers, leaving the RFN gauges closed, like as in the RFN stuff not running at all, and seeing if your plane's Nav instruments pick the ship up when the radios are tuned to the right freq? Like say for the Nimitz v2, set the plane's Nav1 radio to 112.00. Once you're up in the air, and less than 100 NMi. from the ship, the nav instruments should detect the ship, if it has the right HUD in it. Remember, no RFN stuff running at all.

Then, restart the sim so everything is cleared out. Once you're loaded into the world, sitting on the runway, open up only the RFN gauge set, no AICarriers at all, the AICarriers program not even running. Does it place a ship from it's list into the world for you?

I'm just trying to make sure that I know just exactly what you're doing with which program. Like I say, AICarriers and the RFN gauges are not related in any way. You should have one folder for the AICarriers program, and another, separate folder for the RFN gauges. Don't put certain RFN gauge files into the AICarriers folder, and vice versa.

Does any of this help at all?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

One problem with just placing the aicarriers.cfg file (not named aircraft.cfg) included with the RFN gauge into AI Carriers is that it will cause AI Carriers to list all ships that have been assigned a frequency for the RFN gauge. In the latest version that is 88 individual ships. That is what the 41X, 41Y, etc., refers to when they are listed in AI Carriers in your example image. But there is no guarantee that you even have those ships. Some are commercial, some are freeware. And that is why when you select one of those frequencies using the RFN gauge you only see a green line. If you actually have the ship and it is within 100 miles you will get a yellow text message on that green line naming the ship and telling you that it is "Locked on".

The RFN gauge does not go through your collection of ships to determine what you do or don't have installed. And it does not come into play until AFTER the ship has been placed by AI Carriers or some ship traffic file. The purpose of that RFN provided aicarriers.cfg file is so you don't have to keep referring to the included manual to get the frequency of a particular ship.

Hope this helps. Ask me any question about the gauge and I'll try to answer it or can get the answer, my name is in the manual.

Let me try this. I have used AICarriers for several years in FSX P3D v4, and now P3D v3. I used the java AICarriers. I am now trying to use the newer AICarriers.Net. I "think" I have the java file deleted, but not sure. Don't know where to look. As you can see, everything is in sync as far as the radio frequencies go. What am I missing? Appreciate your helping me out.
    There are several versions of Javier's Nimitz and Eisenhower based on the deck configuration that have been assigned frequencies in the RFN gauge carriers.xml file. Maybe 41X isn't one you have deployed a mile down the runway?

Members who have read this thread: 0