Area51 OH-58

Thread: Area51 OH-58

Area51 OH-58

Anyone have this working in p3d v4? It keeps crashing my sim.

LouP

It runs fine under the 32bit sims but I haven't bothered with it in P3D.4+. I use P3D3 as a replacement for FSX and it does well. It is rather dated TBH.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Same here LouP, I attempted to move all my Area 51 helo models over to P3Dv4 and only have the UH-1Y, AH-1Z working. The OH-58 and AH-1S do not see to like it, I'm missing the reg key for the AH-64D and will never get a reply from A51. The funny thing is the AH-1S seems to work fine for a few minutes then CTD. I've checked/swapped gauges and looked over the model in MCX, not sure what's happening. Need to see if ERS can work their magic on these.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quick question...I've tried Googling (without success so far), but are any of the Area51 aircraft still available for sale?

Thanks,

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    Quick question...I've tried Googling (without success so far), but are any of the Area51 aircraft still available for sale?

Thanks,

Kent
    Try PC aviator.

I need to test my other Area 51 birds. Can't figure out what the issues are, everything seems like they should work in v4+

LouP

Thanks,

Kent
    Abacus bought out the Area51 models when they closed shop, you can still buy them now from the abacus store

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Abacus bought out the Area51 models when they closed shop, you can still buy them now from the abacus store
    Thanks Matt!

I have the OH-58D working fine in P3D 4. AH-1Z works fine as well. It is the UH-1Y that is not cooperating on my end.

hazegraystudios.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
    I have the OH-58D working fine in P3D 4. AH-1Z works fine as well. It is the UH-1Y that is not cooperating on my end.
    Which version of P3Dv4 are you using? In 4.5 I'm getting ctds immediately with the Kiowa. Would be great to see this back in the sim.

AH-1Z & UH-1Y work for me in V4.5, but not the Kiowa! Hmmm! I'm wondering if it's gauges? Or some other weird anomaly?

That's odd. I don't have the Kiowa, but I can confirm the UH-1Y and AH-1Z work fine in P3Dv4.5 as well. If it's not an FSX native model, this might be why it doesn't work. P3Dv4 requires an interior model in order to appear in the sim or maybe even cause it to crash. That might be why? Just a shot in the dark.

Attachment 82353

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Fix for CTD

I managed to get the AH-1S working, it kept CTD when selecting it in the aircraft menu. What I did was take the panel folder from the AH-1Z Viper and place it in the AH-1S folder, after renaming to keep it from overriding. Then taking the .cfg file from the AH-1S panel folder and placing it into the new panel folder. No more CTD, gauges work, and are in the correct spot.I did the same with the OH-58D Kiowa, copied the stock FSX Bell 206 panel folder to the OH-58 folder after renaming the original. Placed the OH-58 panel cfg into the new panel folder, and everything works.

Thanks for the update, I was just looking over my Area 51 titles and thinking about deep HD storage for the OH-58 since I never got it working in v4.5. On v5.3 now with the H-1Y/Z, AH-64D, and it seems the AH-1S is ok lately. Since I don't have a stock B206, I was thinking of using ERS B206 gauges or Piglet's OH-6 since they both work fine.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks,

Kent
    You can get a couple Area51 titles at PC Aviator. Usually always at a discount (even better on 10% off Tuesdays or some weekends).

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=990

Members who have read this thread: 0