Dino's S-3B Viking in P3Dv4

Thread: Dino's S-3B Viking in P3Dv4

Dino's S-3B Viking in P3Dv4

Im back to this S-3B Viking in 2020 ant still a lot of fun .... especially as Carrier Ops in VR. The new adventure!

BUT

Does aerial refuel work now still?
    I use Dino's S-3B AI Tanker (and its configured properly in TacPack manager), I did many test and no any new drop of fuel.
    I did big area offset, nothing still.

Refuel probe is extended and without sucess. Maybe its a model probelm. Is it work here in the P3Dv.4.5 HT2 + the last TacPack?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, I know a reason of this issue.

From Dino's blog (2017):

For what concerns my aicrafts, they often use Doug Dawson's fuel dump and sound effects gauges respectively to manage some fuel system functions (such as external fuel tanks loading/unloading, in flight refuel etc.). These gauges are currently not compatible with P3Dv4, hence:

- In-flight refuel will not work. Aicrafts with external fuel tanks will have minor issues (such as enabling to refuel non-existent external tanks).
    So it looks like not solved till now. Perhaps lack of free time .

I see on the page of Doug Dawson's exists the new version of this gauge (dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64):

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

(maybe I'll try to implement this http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...oug+Dawson%27s)

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Ok, looks like I solved a problem with aerail refueling.
    Just renamed the FSX gauge for 64 bit as >>> dsd_fsx_fuel_dump and puted in panel folder of S-3B. First test was done and it works, I recived fuel, I'll check also with external fuel tanks.
    For sure its possible to stay with the orginal (64bits) name dsd_p3d_fuel_dump_x64 and change the name in panel.cfg as different way only.

FYI. External fuel tanks doesnt work, maybe it was like this before, I dont remember. I have always "0" inside this both tanks from the beginning.
    What is strange when I load external tanks by TacPack (empty inside still) by S-3B 2D payload panel (to see 3D models) and take fuel manual (from top menu and payload settings of P3D) they
    disappeared when I back to 3D view .
    Maybe they are cosmetic only or this function must be updated by Dino (maybe one day ).

It is great to see the Viking getting so much attention after all these years...Reason why I have never updated it is that I think it is not adequate to current quality standards... and badly needs a major remake - however, my plans stretch well into 2021, so it is unlikely to happen anytime soon.Great shots btw

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    It is great to see the Viking getting so much attention after all these years...Reason why I have never updated it is that I think it is not adequate to current quality standards... and badly needs a major remake - however, my plans stretch well into 2021, so it is unlikely to happen anytime soon.Great shots btw
    Yep, but its a nice plane still !

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Im back to this S-3B Viking in 2020 ant still a lot of fun .... especially as Carrier Ops in VR. The new adventure!

BUT

Does aerial refuel work now still?
    I use Dino's S-3B AI Tanker (and its configured properly in TacPack manager), I did many test and no any new drop of fuel.
    I did big area offset, nothing still.

Refuel probe is extended and without sucess. Maybe its a model probelm. Is it work here in the P3Dv.4.5 HT2 + the last TacPack?
    Yo Yo,

When you fold the wings, does the aircraft tail tip fold as well? My wings are, but not the tail tip. Thanks, NC

Tail has different key (Water Rudder control from sim means - LCtrl+W) .

Tail has different key (Water Rudder control from sim means - LCtrl+W) .

Thank you! If I knew that at one time, I had long since forgotten it! NC

I know - this thread is one year old, but lets try...

I am missing "something" in the startup procedure - Ctrl+E works, but I really would like to follow the normal start-up.

Any step by step list (I am lost in the checklist - not finding some switches)

G้rard

As I remember, there is no full "Start up" here, just a simplified start.

As I remember, there is no full "Start up" here, just a simplified start.
    When you say "simplified" do you mean CTRL+E ?
    When I read the documentation I see a detailed list of action

24. Fuel idle control switch — NORM.
    31. Ignition switches — ON.

ENGINE START
    2. Bomb Bay Doors — CLOSE.
    3. No. 1 engine — START.
    a. Start switch — START.
    b. Fuel Flow Valve – ON (crtl+shift+F4) (= Mixture Rich ?)
    c. Throttle — IDLE.
    d. Engine instruments — MONITOR.

4. LH GEN switch — NORM.
    5. No. 1 PRIM SERVO HYD PRESS switch — NORM.
    6. EXT PWR switch/air — OFF/DISCONNECT.
    I am stuck after step "Start switch — START".
    I hear the startup sound repeating with no success

Thanks

Make sure your fuel is on! Just like having no gas in your car....the engine cranks and cranks but no start.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Make sure your fuel is on! Just like having no gas in your car....the engine cranks and cranks but no start.
    I had to setup my debug gauge to find out that the Fuel TANK Selector was at OFF !

Much better now !

Thanks for the tip.

G้rard

Members who have read this thread: 2