Good list of payware warbirds - Page 4
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 9,790.00 USD (98%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2020 Charter Membership Drive"

Accepted Payment Types

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good list of payware warbirds

One does find some odd and forgotten items when trawling through old backup discs.
    Anyone remember Cloud 9?

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Ive got both Milviz and SWS F4'S, but the joy i got from the Cloud 9 cant be beaten, lovely screenshot

Completely forgot about the cloud9 phantom. Wonder if its even still available for fs9

Baby Goose

I was quite fond of the JF Widgeon, https://www.justflight.com/product/g-44-widgeon

What are peoples opinion on the P-38? The JF one seems good, as does the Sky Unlimited one.

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    What are peoples opinion on the P-38? The JF one seems good, as does the Sky Unlimited one.
    Sky Unlimited.
    Rather smoothly done, the Just Flight (AH) is a littler rough around the edges IMHO.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

I can't really compare as I only have the JustFlight/Aeroplane Heaven one. But I do understand Wombat's remark that the model is a bit rough around the edges. It is! Even compared with the last versions of the freeware P-38 models by David C. Copley. But its a nice flyer and I'm still happy with it. Like most other packages in those day, it contains several models and multiple liveries. Here are some pictures.

The VC was stunning when the model was released. After 16 years it starts to show its age, but is still quite nice.

As there are several Ozzies in this thread, I thought it was appropriate to post this one as well:

An F-4 photo recon version from the RAAF

Cheers,
    Huub

Completely forgot about the cloud9 phantom. Wonder if its even still available for fs9
    It is, c/o FSdreamteam

Here

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Make sure to install the addon manager utility after the F4,
    and before activating the F4

Ttfn

Pete

Was there ever any good payware f8f bearcats?

Bought the JF spitfire collection, very nice collection and good detailing across all models. Particularly happy with this purchase

Was there ever any good payware f8f bearcats?
    Vertigo did one for FSX, but I can't recall I ever saw one for FS9. The Alpha Blue Ciel one, overhauled by Milton Shupe, with alternative liveries by l'iguane is very nice. And one of the fine examples which prove that freeware is often at least as good as payware.

Cheers,
    Huub

Yeah had a look, seems the only good ones are the one you mentioned and the alphasim one which is semi on par with the Shupe one

Is anyone able to purchase the sky unlimited mustangs for me? Their exe to purchase the product can be downloaded but I canít open the exe as itís 32 bit (Iím on w10). If someone can purchase it for me I can send them money via paypal

Does anyone know much about the donationware avro Shackleton by some South African group?

Members who have read this thread: 208