Good list of payware warbirds - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good list of payware warbirds

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Ok...that got my attention...Fs9? And where please Huub?

Ttfn

Pete
    Pete,

Its actually a quick conversion from the repaint I did for the FSX version. As texture size is already 1024x1024, it was a simple job to convert the .dds textures into extended bmp textures.

Cheers,
    Huub

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ickey-Mouse-II

On a shortlist of hot payware model, these are a must:

Flight Replica's Bf109F (von Werra's last flight)

Flight Replica's Bf109G

Flight Replica's Bf109K

Flight Replica's Me262A-1

Cheers,
    Huub

Yep the BFs are on my to buy list, already got the wonderful Me-262. I have a recommendation for you huub. The Sky Unlimited HO-229

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Yep the BFs are on my to buy list, already got the wonderful Me-262. I have a recommendation for you huub. The Sky Unlimited HO-229
    There are a few freeware options. But I don't think the Sky unlimited version is still available.

Cheers,
    Huub

Which is the better payware model of Lancaster? JF/AH or first class simulations?

Which is the better payware model of Lancaster? JF/AH or first class simulations?
    AH is better visually and aurally but my rig takes a frame rate hit unless I tone down my scenery scalers. The FCS Lancaster flies smooth at my current settings and sounds nice with a nice liveable VC. Either one is worthy of purchase. I just have to sacrifice some scenery detail to fly the AH version.

Thanks for that, good feedback

You can still purchase it here huub

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...cat=608&page=1
    Thanks, I didn't know it was still available. When you read the text it a bit funny again. Under compatibility is says "FS2004 only", however under features it is stated: "Full FSX model with self-shadows, specular maps, and bump maps".
    Its a bit like with the Warbirdsim P51 set. The pictures there didn't cover the package which was offered.

From what I know the model is FS2004 and not FSX. However in the package there is a choice to install it in FS9 OR in FSX.... (will look at the FSX option later...)

Cheers,
    Huub

There's also the Plane Design Lanc, https://secure.simmarket.com/plane-d...ancaster.phtml

Have them all, like them all, been to long to remember why though.

Jamie

PS. I quite liked the Iris P40, did it go freeware?
    PPS. There's also a few more First class Sim offerings, mainly Hurricanes, but the Wellington is nice. Avoid the Stuka unless you really want the accompanying Hurricane version. Also avoid the Sunderland, gads. The Hawker heroes pack is nice bar the Typhoon, ouch!!
    PPPS. There used to be a Tempest at Just Flight which was nice too, think it was by Chris Lampard, Shessi's bff.

I saw the plane design one, thought it looked a bit average for my tastes.

yep the p-40 went freeware. http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ha...s-p-40-warhawk

I was looking at the hawker heroes, looks good. So the crap one from the package is the typhoon?

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know it was still available. When you read the text it a bit funny again. Under compatibility is says "FS2004 only", however under features it is stated: "Full FSX model with self-shadows, specular maps, and bump maps".
    Its a bit like with the Warbirdsim P51 set. The pictures there didn't cover the package which was offered.

From what I know the model is FS2004 and not FSX. However in the package there is a choice to install it in FS9 OR in FSX.... (will look at the FSX option later...)

Cheers,
    Huub
    I can confirm the installer gives the option for both fs9 and fsx, latest version is 2.1m

I saw the plane design one, thought it looked a bit average for my tastes.

yep the p-40 went freeware. http://www.irissimulations.com.au/ha...s-p-40-warhawk

I was looking at the hawker heroes, looks good. So the crap one from the package is the typhoon?
    That Typhoon is bloody horrible!
    Their Tempests are good but you need to hunt up repaints as the stock versions look like junk yard dogs!
    The very best of the pack is the Hawker Fury, out-bloody-standing.
    FCS Hurricane is pretty good and the one packaged with their awful Stuka is a different variant to the Hawkers Heroes pack.
    Both the Lancaster and Wellington are well worth owning but avoid the truly appalling Sunderland!!!!!!!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    That Typhoon is bloody horrible!
    Their Tempests are good but you need to hunt up repaints as the stock versions look like junk yard dogs!
    The very best of the pack is the Hawker Fury, out-bloody-standing.
    FCS Hurricane is pretty good and the one packaged with their awful Stuka is a different variant to the Hawkers Heroes pack.
    Both the Lancaster and Wellington are well worth owning but avoid the truly appalling Sunderland!!!!!!!
    RobH did a few very nice repaints for the Tempest, available here in the library.

Cheers,
    Huub

Not bad...... not bad at all!

DC-2 Uiver Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum

Payware in support of the museum, one of my absolute favourite flyers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC-2.jpg  

Is that the MAAM DC-3?

No, the clue is in the bold text at the top of the post,

oh haha. who makes the addon?

Just bought the Just Flight Warbirds of WWII, very impressed by the quality. Only thing is this addon certainly would have issues on slower compters while flying in the vc. I've got a powerful computer and my rates drop by about 30-35% in the vc.

Hi Anels9,

It's not a DC-3 but a DC-2.
    You can purchase it here: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=dc2flight1

There are several liveries included, and it's an absolute bargain for a good course.

Stuart

The Uiver (Douglas DC-2) was made by more or less the same team which did the MAAM B-25 and MAAM DC-3/C47/RD4. Similar to the MAAM model this models was done to raise money for a museum.

The model is based on the DC-2 which is currently owned by the Aviodrome. It was originally done as freeware for FS200 and FS2002. But when an attempt was done to get a flying DC-2 again in the Netherlands, the model was completely redone for FS2004 and released as donationware. There is a native FSX donationware version available as well.

The Uiver was the entry from KLM in the 1934 Melbourne race. The aircraft ended second overall behind the DH.88 Grosvenor House and won the handicap race. 50 years later the trip was done again with an ex-US Navy DC-2, which was owned by Colgate W. Darden III. In 1999 this aircraft was purchased with the intention to keep it in flying condition.

The FS2004 is available here: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=dc2flight1

Cheers,
    Huub

I have to write faster, because Stuart was faster than me!

It’s annoying it’s only listed under fsx addons and no fs2004 tags. Why I overlooked it, thanks guys

Purchased the Lavochkin Figthters from Flight1, pretty decent addon of some high performance russian warbirds. I emailed flight1 as the exe wasnt working and couldnt be purchased, but now it is

Does anyone know of someone on the forum who might be willing to paint this ex NZ LA-9 for me?

ZK-LIX
    https://www.airliners.net/photo/Unti.../AOCbatj8S1TBd

Not really a hot warbird, but definitely a very nice model! The Aeroplane Heaven/JustFlight Tiger Moth!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1