Good list of payware warbirds - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good list of payware warbirds

One does find some odd and forgotten items when trawling through old backup discs.
    Anyone remember Cloud 9?

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Ive got both Milviz and SWS F4'S, but the joy i got from the Cloud 9 cant be beaten, lovely screenshot

Completely forgot about the cloud9 phantom. Wonder if its even still available for fs9

Baby Goose

I was quite fond of the JF Widgeon, https://www.justflight.com/product/g-44-widgeon

What are peoples opinion on the P-38? The JF one seems good, as does the Sky Unlimited one.

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    What are peoples opinion on the P-38? The JF one seems good, as does the Sky Unlimited one.
    Sky Unlimited.
    Rather smoothly done, the Just Flight (AH) is a littler rough around the edges IMHO.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I can't really compare as I only have the JustFlight/Aeroplane Heaven one. But I do understand Wombat's remark that the model is a bit rough around the edges. It is! Even compared with the last versions of the freeware P-38 models by David C. Copley. But its a nice flyer and I'm still happy with it. Like most other packages in those day, it contains several models and multiple liveries. Here are some pictures.

The VC was stunning when the model was released. After 16 years it starts to show its age, but is still quite nice.

As there are several Ozzies in this thread, I thought it was appropriate to post this one as well:

An F-4 photo recon version from the RAAF

Cheers,
    Huub

Completely forgot about the cloud9 phantom. Wonder if its even still available for fs9
    It is, c/o FSdreamteam

Here

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_cloud9.html

Make sure to install the addon manager utility after the F4,
    and before activating the F4

Ttfn

Pete

Was there ever any good payware f8f bearcats?

Bought the JF spitfire collection, very nice collection and good detailing across all models. Particularly happy with this purchase

Was there ever any good payware f8f bearcats?
    Vertigo did one for FSX, but I can't recall I ever saw one for FS9. The Alpha Blue Ciel one, overhauled by Milton Shupe, with alternative liveries by l'iguane is very nice. And one of the fine examples which prove that freeware is often at least as good as payware.

Cheers,
    Huub

Yeah had a look, seems the only good ones are the one you mentioned and the alphasim one which is semi on par with the Shupe one

Is anyone able to purchase the sky unlimited mustangs for me? Their exe to purchase the product can be downloaded but I can’t open the exe as it’s 32 bit (I’m on w10). If someone can purchase it for me I can send them money via paypal

Does anyone know much about the donationware avro Shackleton by some South African group?

Can anyone explain what the main differences are in the Hawker hurricanes offered by first class simulations in the few packages?

Members +
    Does anyone know much about the donationware avro Shackleton by some South African group?
    As far as I know, payware, not donationware.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

The aircraft can be downloaded at Avsim (see the file named avroshacletonmk3v1.zip). The is the text with the file which explains the rest:

This is the install file for the Shackleton Project Avro Shackleton Mk3. This project has been released with the intention of raising much needed funds for the worlds LAST FLYING Avro Shackleton Mk3. ***NOTE: This is pay-ware*** The Price is set at $29.95. Once the file is downloaded you need to enter you credit card details for the file to unlock the file. For more information please visit www.shackletonproject.com. Thank you for your support.

However the link to the web site is not working anymore.

As I don't have the model, I can't tell you whether the model is good or not.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    Huub, the Shackleton is no longer flying. It's been grounded because, although there is still a bit of life in the spare, the crew is age timed out, & no time left to train new crew.
    That site is dormant & I doubt if the payment side of things work.

PM me for more info.

Regards,
    Robin
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Members who have read this thread: 1