Good list of payware warbirds - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good list of payware warbirds

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    I had a closer look at these packages and they are actually different. Not only the liveries are different, but they also contain different sub-version (read: production versions). The package at simshack contains the F6 photo reconnaissance version, which is not present in package from PCAviator.

Differences are mainly found in the VC, but there are also quite some external differences like the dorsal fin, birdcage vs Malcolm cockpit, antennas, ets.

It seems one is considered the P51B package and the othe is the P51C package

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for confirming that. I thought they were different but needed a second opinion

what’s the quality of the sky unlimited products, I found a site that sells the mig-3 and just came across the Bear Studios Lovochkin LA-9, I’ve got lots of bear studios stuff so I’m not concerned about quality being an issue.

Also from this post. I’m mainly interested in the fast(est) fighter/interceptors of WWII and maybe just after.

Was there a good payware F4U Corsair by A2A or anyone else? I know there’s some for fsx

There was a set with an overview of the history of the Corsair done by Aeroplane Heaven. It was similar to the Spitfire sets. I'm not sure they are still available.

There is a review here : https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...Vought-Corsair

On my old PC I had the early set still installed. Quite nice considering they are 15 years old......

Quote Originally Posted by anels9
    Thanks for confirming that. I thought they were different but needed a second opinion................ (sniped)
    However there is something odd. At PCAviator the description form the package doesn't match with the images. The images shown are from the package offered at Simshack. As you recently purchased the set at PCAviator, I wonder which version you received. Was it the set with the droptank and "Shangri-La"in it. or was it the version with the bombs and "Bonny B" in it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Cheers,
    Huub

You wouldnt still have that pack would you?

And yeah thats what I think was throwing me off

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    However there is something odd. At PCAviator the description form the package doesn't match with the images. The images shown are from the package offered at Simshack. As you recently purchased the set at PCAviator, I wonder which version you received. Was it the set with the droptank and "Shangri-La"in it. or was it the version with the bombs and "Bonny B" in it.
    You are right, the images do not fit the description at PCAviator.
    https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...1&cat=0&page=1
    The description is correct. It has "Shangri-La" in the package.

All the models have drop tanks.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    You are right, the images do not fit the description at PCAviator.
    https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...1&cat=0&page=1
    The description is correct. It has "Shangri-La" in the package.

All the models have drop tanks.
    Thanks hawk_sh . Buying the same package twice only happened to me with MAAM's Briefing Time (version issues with Windows10) and the charity DC-2 Uiver (which I actually purchased 3 times testing the wrapper....).

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    You wouldnt still have that pack would you?
    As it was/is payware, I can't share it. And as said it was installed at my old PC, so it might be gone, seen the age its doubtful whether I still have a back-up.

Cheers,
    Huub

How many different packs were made for FS2004 of the p-51? I’d like to buy them but am a bit confused as to which ones contain what, they all look the same

Aeroplane heaven justflight

I'm gonna go with anything AH does and or done.... there's a fully functional P38J Demo. If you like to check it out. Curly Six just down the page abit https://www.justflight.com/product/p...tning-download cheers mav

Yep, tried the demo, impressed enough with i will buy it when i get the chance. my next purchase will be some CWDT warbirds, was lucky enough to get en email back

Worth looking into, especially if interested in the Aeroplane Heaven's Corsair Release: https://www.justflight.com/product/w...-wwii-download

Might I suggest the SOH 'Donationware' Corsair?
    IIRC it was far from shabby and is still available, been quite some time since I flew it but I rather liked it. Only managed to find this clip of the FAA version but the USMC and USN are included.
    Same goes for the F4F, still a decent rendition and includes the 'Wildcatfish'.

Quire a few F4F variations and repaints as well.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Only considering the payware stuff at the moment

Originally Posted by anels9
    How many different packs were made for FS2004 of the p-51? I’d like to buy them but am a bit confused as to which ones contain what, they all look the same

I assume your question is about the Warbirdsim Mustang. There are two packages Fighter Leader I and Fighter Leader II. The first package has the more well known aircraft and the included models have drop tanks. The second contains similar models with equipped with bombs. This package also contains a F6 photo reconnaissance version and models with a loop antenna as used in the Pacific, which are not present in the first package).

Fighter Leader I is available at PCAvaiator : https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...1&cat=0&page=1
    (The description at PCAviator is correct, however the images are from the other package.)

Fighter leader II is available at Simshack : https://www.simshack.net/products/no...-leader-ii-345
    (The description is correct as is the image)

I am a bit biased, but the WBS Mustang is the best payware model you can get for FS9 in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Huub

For those who sometimes read books..............

Okay thanks huub. Going through my files, i actually found the second package with the F6. No idea when i purchased it, so that might save me a bit of money. not sure what updates came out after though

CWDT Hellcat

I hadn't seen this one for quite some time, but still a very nice model and, considering it age, a pretty nice VC!

Cheers,
    Huub

The F6F was definitely one of their better FS9 releases Huub, as was the MAAM TBF. Shame they ceased operating.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Yep, got those today. got an email back from cwdt and was able to pick up their hellcat, stang and bf very happy with the quality. I read some forums a while ago that the mustang shape wasnt as good as others but i think it looks good

My package of WWII fighters special edition arrived today, still thinking about purchasing the individual packages of the BF-109 and P-51

Only the P-51 and P-47 were released a standalone set prior to the WWII fighters release. The Bf109 which is offered separately is just the single model from the WWII fighters set. It is of course a personal thing, but I seriously wonder whether it make sense to purchase the P-51 set. From my memory the P-51 set contained the P51-D, P51-K (same model but only build at another plant) and the P51-H, which is only marginally different.

The P51-D which is in the WWII fighters set has been updated to higher resolution textures. I wonder whether such an update is also available for the K model.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    ............................as was the MAAM TBF. Shame they ceased operating.

I'm a bit confused here . Do you mean that MAAM doesn't fly their Avenger anymore? Or that the model became unavailable?

The last isn't correct as the FS9 MAAM Avenger is still available at their site: http://www.maam.org/flightsim/news/tbm_rel_pr.htm

Cheers,
    Huub

I'll stand corrected Huub.
    Been so long since anything with the MAAM tag was mentioned I more or less thought they had ceased to operate in the Flight Sim market.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I'll stand corrected Huub.
    Been so long since anything with the MAAM tag was mentioned I more or less thought they had ceased to operate in the Flight Sim market.

No worries Wombat I only found out when my original Briefing Time stopped working and I had to re-purchase it. The site has been changed a lot and the Flightsim models are quite hard to find at the MAAM site. I don't know whether this is the same for the DC-3/C-47 package, but now briefing time came with all repaints already installed. Saves a lot of downloading.

@anels9 Another one to put on you payware short list. Together with their B25-j Mitchell.

Cheers,
    Huub

For those who sometimes read books..............

[/COLOR]

Ok...that got my attention...Fs9? And where please Huub?

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Only the P-51 and P-47 were released a standalone set prior to the WWII fighters release. The Bf109 which is offered separately is just the single model from the WWII fighters set. It is of course a personal thing, but I seriously wonder whether it make sense to purchase the P-51 set. From my memory the P-51 set contained the P51-D, P51-K (same model but only build at another plant) and the P51-H, which is only marginally different.

The P51-D which is in the WWII fighters set has been updated to higher resolution textures. I wonder whether such an update is also available for the K model.

Cheers,
    Huub

that’s interesting you point that out, in which case I’d only purchase the p-51 pack. My fighters edition edition is v1.1. I wonder if the updates on a2as forums are in this pack or released after and are for the standalone stuff

Members who have read this thread: 1