Bristol F2B

Thread: Bristol F2B

Bristol F2B

Just wondering but has anyone done a silver, RAF, post war, skin for either the wonderful Bristol by Robert Bruce or the DH-4 by Chris Herring? Seems a fascinating period not covered very well.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

No... Would a painter like to give it a go?
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Not much around for the F2B, shame as it was well used.
    These are for FSX and until I get a chance to dig through my backup drives I'm not sure who the author is.
    Not 'silver' but interesting and perhaps a starting point.

Silver but not RAF.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

IIRC Robbie Bruce, at the time, didn't allow repaints
    hence no real takers.

Now that Robbie has disappeared (last heard of battling Sarcoma in 2008 http://biff-diaries.blogspot.com/?m=1 ) there's a couple of repaint pack on Simviation for FSX version, can't even locate a copy of fs9 Biff?

Ttfn

Pete

Nothing found for FS9.
    This however might be a starter.

https://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=Robert+Bruce&categoryId=

Re: "Robbie has disappeared (last heard of battling Sarcoma in 2008)" perhaps he lost the battle.
    Reading through his commentary on 'Jimmy Dancer' it seems to have been rather established and 12 years on and no mention is pretty grim.
    I ran through several of his links and they all stop around his post operative time.
    Shame.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I have both the FS9 as the FSX version on my back-up disks. I have downloaded all 8 packages (4 packages each) from AvSim in 2009. I have just checked only the FSX packages 1, 3 and 4 are still available at AvSim.

From the readme: "Repaints of this aircraft are permitted without requiring the consent of the designer. However it would be appreciated if you could advise the designer as a courtesy."

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post

Re: "Robbie has disappeared (last heard of battling Sarcoma in 2008)" perhaps he lost the battle.
    Reading through his commentary on 'Jimmy Dancer' it seems to have been rather established and 12 years on and no mention is pretty grim.
    I ran through several of his links and they all stop around his post operative time.
    Shame.
    Yes, that was my thoughts too, even his local news blog stops about the same time.

But it's a good legacy he left us with.

Huub, I seem to recall Robbie has a family connection to the Biff, hence the approval of repaints.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I have both the FS9 as the FSX version on my back-up disks. I have downloaded all 8 packages (4 packages each) from AvSim in 2009. I have just checked only the FSX packages 1, 3 and 4 are still available at AvSim.

From the readme: "Repaints of this aircraft are permitted without requiring the consent of the designer. However it would be appreciated if you could advise the designer as a courtesy."

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hey, Huub

Could you upload the Fs9 version here for posterity?

Just a thought

Ttfn

Pete

Hi Pete,

As they seem to have disappeared anywhere else, I might do that.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0