PTO install

Thread: PTO install

PTO install

Got what I thought was all installed. When I tried to run it came up to the loading screen with a plane and boats and a warning that it couldn't install Campaign file "Fortress Europa.xml". Unknown country Britain. Any ideas as to what I'm missing????

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Flier View Post
    Got what I thought was all installed. When I tried to run it came up to the loading screen with a plane and boats and a warning that it couldn't install Campaign file "Fortress Europa.xml". Unknown country Britain. Any ideas as to what I'm missing????
    Hi Easy Flier. Have you installed PTO or PTO Rising sun?

If its PTO (patched to v 1.50), then it doesn't have a fortress europa xml. Something has gone awry with the install/overwrite of stock files. Britain does not exist in the PTO country.xml, which is another clue to some files not being installed.

HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Easy Flier. Have you installed PTO or PTO Rising sun?

If its PTO (patched to v 1.50), then it doesn't have a fortress europa xml. Something has gone awry with the install/overwrite of stock files. Britain does not exist in the PTO country.xml, which is another clue to some files not being installed.

HTH,
    PTO
    Should I just start over you think??

OK here is what I did so far . I just ran the PTO-build1.4exe and it does load, so I guess I will try the 5 updates and not do the 1.54 and see how it goes.

OK here is what I did so far . I just ran the PTO-build1.4exe and it does load, so I guess I will try the 5 updates and not do the 1.54 and see how it goes.
    UPDATE
    Loaded everything but 1.54 and is running ok. Think I will wait til I can see what is in the 1.54 update.

SOH-CM-2020
    From the PTO v 1.54 Readme:

PTO Solomon Islands Theater update 1.54

To be installed after update 1.40.

It is recommended before installing that you backup your Global Layer Folder and qclocations.xml outside of the CFS3 PTO Solomon Islands directory.

A new A-20 Havoc, model by gzr_groundhog. Textures by Bravo/4

The aircraft AvH_US_B_25C-5_33889 has a new paint scheme by Capt Winters.

A new standalone RNZAAF Dauntless by Sturmvogel, original aircraft by Gramps

A new standalone RNZAAF Corsair by AvH, textures by Ndicki

A new standalone RAAF Beaufighter, original aircraft by Richard Mason and paint is by Capt. Winters

A new stand alone stock P-38, skin by Dan SwaRTZ standalone by Pete1.

2 standalone stock P-38s by Popsaka. Pmaru and Pudgy

A new standalone TBF Avenger, original aircraft by Corrado, paint by rbp71854

A new Standalone Hellcat, original by built by "SARGE", based on the F6F Hellcat visual created by GRAMPS, painted by Tempest and Bravo/4.

A new Standalone Hellcat, original by built by "SARGE", based on the F6F Hellcat visual created by GRAMPS, painted by rbp71854.

The following airfields have been placed in their proper locations Borpop and Kahili.

The following islands/airbases will be added to the theater: Cape Torokina Islands, Sohano Island and seaplane base,Stirling Island, and Green Island, Ibu Landing Strip and a landing strip near the native village of Mawareka.

Numerous facilties installations have been added to the Rabaul and New Ireland areas.

There have been improvements to the naval mine, and damage effects to the ijn_tanker

Numerous Special Effects created by O-1Driver

The Firepower B-24 has been fitted with Path Finder Flares.

There are a total of 59 new missions. 9 Missions require Fire Power aircraft to be installed. The FP missions have the FP prefix.

Thanks
    I've been away so long what is this Firepower you speak of?
    Also saw Netwings....
    Any info would be great..

Firepower is a commercial add on to CFS3 as is a Just Flight version. Once you have them, there are ways to add them into other CFS3 installs. Netwings, IIRC, is mainly older CFS3 uploads for downloading. BTW, be very careful when combining different installs; it can lead to issues.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Maybe you can answer this . How do you take CFS3 out of full screen to windowed????

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Tried no joy. I think it might be because of the dual monitors.... When it 1st opens it is on both screens then settles to the one on right.

Tried no joy. I think it might be because of the dual monitors.... When it 1st opens it is on both screens then settles to the one on right.
    I've tried all but just says need to increase resolution,lost on this.

Another question is how do I make it open on a certain monitor(have 2)??? Could this be the problem??

Sounds like it might be. You operating Win10 or what? I have 3 monitors on win 10 and CFS3 only shows up on the one designated #1 by my display settings.

If it's in a Window can't you just drag it to the other monitor? After that Windows should remember it's last position the next time you open it.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Sounds like it might be. You operating Win10 or what? I have 3 monitors on win 10 and CFS3 only shows up on the one designated #1 by my display settings.
    It is actually on #2??

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    If it's in a Window can't you just drag it to the other monitor? After that Windows should remember it's last position the next time you open it.

How do you drag a full screen window??

With win 10 which I assume you have, you should be able to nominate which is you main display. If you can't drag the CFS3 to another monitor I would think it's not in 'windows' display but full screen display as I would call normal or default.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    With win 10 which I assume you have, you should be able to nominate which is you main display. If you can't drag the CFS3 to another monitor I would think it's not in 'windows' display but full screen display as I would call normal or default.

That is correct that is why I'm trying to get it out of full screen so I can move it.

Did you try using the reference I provided?

Example: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CombatFlightSimulator 3\cfs3.exe” -window followed by either -800; -1024 or -1280 sets the size to 800x600; 1024x768 or 1280x1024
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yes sir every one of them and tried different spelling ,-window; -windowed ;-windowmode......

SOH-CM-2020
    Yes sir every one of them and tried different spelling ,-window; -windowed ;-windowmode......
    Hi Easy Flier, can you please copy and paste the parameters you are trying to add to the shortcut? The problem is almost always a typo or syntax.

cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi Easy Flier, can you please copy and paste the parameters you are trying to add to the shortcut? The problem is almost always a typo or syntax.

cheers,
    "C:\Games\PTO 1 CFS\CFS3 PTO Solomon Islands\cfs3.exe"

This is how mine looks like:

"C:\ETO 1.50\cfs3.exe" -window -1280

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    This is how mine looks like:

"C:\ETO 1.50\cfs3.exe" -window -1280
    Thanks
    I think it has something to do with the monitors(1 is a regular PC monitor the other a old TV monitor) I'm gonna try on my laptop later and see if it works.

Update:
    Now I have my shortcuts that should be on 1 monitor all over both. It has to be a problem with the TV monitor.. will keep trying .....
    Last edited by Easy Flier; February 9th, 2020 at 10:28.

Members who have read this thread: 3