Cfs2 windows 7x64

Thread: Cfs2 windows 7x64

Cfs2 windows 7x64

Hi everyone
    Just tracked down CFS2 disks and having trouble installing with windows 7 x 64. I tried getting back into hang gliding after 30 years absence but alas at 62 my landing gear (legs ) are subject to premature
    lifting !! So I need to get back in the air from the chair. love CFS2 over the years.
    I need installing advice from scratch "FOR DUMMIES." Can any one help please.
    After installing nothing comes up on screen.
    Thanks in advance
    Regards Darryl

Have you tried running it in XP-mode? (right-click on the exe., go to properties, click on compatibility).

hertzie

The installer should work fine. Just make sure you DO NOT install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Combat Flight Simulator 2 like the installer will want. Use C:\Combat Flight Simulator 2 Next get the No CD exe.

MS removed SafeDisc with Update 3086255 for Windows Vista,7, 8 and Win 10 came out with SafeDisc removed so a No CD .exe is must. If you have Update 3086255 installed or Win10 and try to run CFS2 with the stock .exe it won't work.

Game Explorer may be a problem if you don't have internet.
    Game Explorer (GameUX.dll) from the fine folks as M$ will try to phone home and if you have no internet the game will NOT start. I had to remove or rename the GameUX.dll in C:Windows/SysWOW64 and C:Windows/System32
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

cfs2 run fine in win 7 64 bits, the only little is that y have to enter the cfs2 icon two times.

Members who have read this thread: 0