Doug Sleigh Vulcan B1 prototype Redux [WIP]

Thread: Doug Sleigh Vulcan B1 prototype Redux [WIP]

Doug Sleigh Vulcan B1 prototype Redux [WIP]

Hi All,

Whilst exploiting the animations for Hermes 984 radar leave me somewhat perplexed, I have taken to modifying Doug Sleigh's Beta Version of the Early Vulcan Prototype XV777 model into the pre-production B1 XA890. I still have a long way to go (this is a leaning exercise) and so far have given a more complete interior remapped some of the textures slightly and extended the tail. the aircraft still has no VC at present (I may need help here) and have still not managed to figure out how to make the A/C 'shiny' yet but here's some WIP of what i have so far.

any input would be appreciated

Many thanks,

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xa890.jpg   xa890_1.jpg  

Members +
    Blog Entries
    What proggy are you using, Hooky? And, Do you want some tinned sunshine for the unspeakable object compartment?

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    What proggy are you using, Hooky? And, Do you want some tinned sunshine for the unspeakable object compartment?
    It's being hammered together using mcx and gmax atm. Many thanks for offering to kit out the unspeakable object compartment but as yet there ain't one. RAT has had to be sealed in its hole for the time being. The most noticeable absence is any for of cockpit or vc not even a static one this is where I'm stuck because I have exactly zero experience building such things.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 73787Attachment 73788Attachment 73789

Not strictly cannon, but external thingamajiggies can be had...

For MCX:

---------------external

shiny-reflections

allow bloom true
    specular bloom floor 0.89999997615814209

ambient colour 150, 150, 150
    diffuse colour 150, 150, 150
    specular colour 0, 0, 0

fresnel ramp
    diffuse false
    reflection true
    specular true

bump scale 1

blend by inverse diffuse alpha True

reflection scale 0.6

specular map power scale 198 (lower more shine)
    use global environment map true

specular level 64
    ----------------------------------------------------------

----------------glass-------------------------------------

alpha test function never
    alpha test level 1
    Z-test alpha false

allow bloom true
    specular bloom floor 0.8

ambient colour 255, 255, 255
    diffuse colour 64, 255, 255, 255
    specular colour 255, 255, 255

no shadow true

destination blend InvSrcAlpha
    source blend SrcColor

fresnel ramp
    diffuse true
    reflection true
    specular true

blend environment
    by inverse diffuse alpha true

reflection scale 0.8

specular map scale 128
    use global environment map true

diffuse texture GLASS_T.DDS

fresnel texture CANOPY_FRESNEL_RAMP.DDS

specular texture GLASS_S.DDS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to turn on the red teapot so you can see shine and reflections. The spec mapping is critical. I've come 'round to doing what Milton does- assign a single 512x512 colour swatch( gen_spec) to all the textures- a medium-dark grey. then its easy to change the grey tone to adjust the shine and brightness on the fly.

What about the VC in the old AS B.2?

Thanks for that Laz I'll give it a try see how it looks on the VC front I'll try out the Alphasim B2 VC for now but I thought I'd be brave and try and make a start modelling my own. BTW before when I said exploiting animations, I actually meant to put exporting animations but auto-correct had other ideas. so its going to take a while. but I'll get there. here's what I've done so far today:

I'll keep you posted many thanks

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vulcan_VC_WIP_2.jpg  

well here's the result of 4 days labour wing extensions still need some work and I'm still struggling with the Bombay but it is modeled now at least internally and I've managed to cut it out with Boolean tool but the bomb doors and associated animations are still leaving me perplexed for now but I'm getting there slowly. also the self shadowing is looking a bit bizarre.

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vulcanb1wip2.jpg   vulcan_b1WIP1.jpg  

Hi All, the Doors are now animated although basic, now all that remains is remapping the textures which have become mirrored on the main wings. Building the crew ladder and animating it and the same with the turbines. Work is quite hectic ATM so i don't know when I'm going to get the time to do what is necessary but hopefully it wont take too long as for the VC its still very early stages i think i'm going to release the external model once finished and add the VC as a separate download later as at the moment it works well at present with the ALPHASIM vulcan VC.

Thanks to Lazarus's suggestions i have made a payload but have not yet found a way to make it appear with visibility control yet.

Will keep you informed,

Hooky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vulcan_b1WIP2.jpg   Vulcan_VC_WIP_1.jpg   vulcan_b1WIP1.jpg   VCN_VC3.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1