FJ-1 Fury VC

Thread: FJ-1 Fury VC

FJ-1 Fury VC

I did this originally 9 years ago, but since I was updating other aircraft I thought I'd revisit the Fury and try to get it closer to the actual layout and gauges. Thus far I have the gauges positioned as shown in the panel layout in the Dash-1. There are a few placards I can't make out and I'm doing some research to see if I can find anything with a better view of those.

This is for Kazunroi Ito's FS9 FJ-1 Fury. It works well in FSX but I haven't tried it in P3D_V4.4.

Fury_VC-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Great work Ed! Love these early jets!

Cees

Members +
    Blog Entries
    https://simviation.com/1/download-fi...p&fileId=51720

Native Ito-San FJ-1. Might be in the library here, too. P3D mods on same page.
    Misanthropes don't let humans port over.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I did this originally 9 years ago, but since I was updating other aircraft I thought I'd revisit the Fury and try to get it closer to the actual layout and gauges. Thus far I have the gauges positioned as shown in the panel layout in the Dash-1. There are a few placards I can't make out and I'm doing some research to see if I can find anything with a better view of those.

This is for Kazunroi Ito's FS9 FJ-1 Fury. It works well in FSX but I haven't tried it in P3D_V4.4.

Fury_VC-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

FYI: The offering of the native conversion by Danny Garnier over at Simviation works well in P3Dv4.5 and presumably 4.4.

Interesting! It seems that "LLC" whoever that is did the original conversion to native FSX which was expressly forbidden by Ito San and known by anyone who enjoyed his masterpieces over the years. It appears that since he was unable to contact Kazunori to get permission he opted to go with a more liberal interpretation of the MS Shareware EULA. Danny Garnier then packaged it later with a few other additions. . .both versions containing the reworked VC textures I did. . .no credit given in either version.

I have always been on the fence with Mr Ito's request not to tamper with his models beyond the way they were originally released. I feel that his work should continue to be enjoyed by new simmers and advanced in such a way as to preserve his original while utilizing newer technologies "so-to-speak". I have one model of his that was converted to native FSX and even has a VC where the original did not, but it was decided that it should not be released for the reasons I have already mentioned. I think it's unfortunate, but it's what he wanted, so I think I will stay with my FS9 model and anyone who wants what I accomplish once it's finished is welcome.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members +
    Blog Entries
    That's one opinion, and you know what's said of opinions. By that rational, billy bob gates, zuckerburg, bezos and any one who has made a nickel off muh compooters should renounce their fortunes, as gates & company ripped off a shareware OS in the first place.
    Ito-San, god love him, has long been absent, and non-communicative. Sorta puts that shareware into the abandonware category. In any event, it's not being monetized, the MSEULA that WE ALL CONSENT TO by dint of having a box with an OS, is not being broken, or bent. It's debugged, and accessible to latter versions of the sim that otherwise cant use it. All this goes to assisting THIS ORGANIZATION AND OTHERS LIKE IT KEEPING THEIR DOORS OPEN, and FSX having 800+ visitors at peak load on a tuesday night, where the older sims , and newer, expensive sims show a fraction of that traffic. This helps keep this sim alive, active, and the addons keep happening.
    Live and be glad. I do not get butthurt when my stuff gets ripped by simnetwork IN EXPLICIT VIOLATION OF NON-USE REQUESTS PER THAT INDIVIDUAL, who does monetize, albeit poorly.
    Just my two billion (adjusted for inflation) bits

Members who have read this thread: 1