Needed to share: I picked up two helis this weekend and both are fantastic add-ons. First was the Nemeth KA-32 and the second was MP Designs R44. I kmow, who needs another R-44? But after playing around with it, I was pleasantly surprised to see how far along MP Designs has come. It's not that their previous stuff was bad at all but this newest addition just so immersive and while its not easy to fly, it's not stupid hard. The Dodo was one of the most realistic heli flight models I've ever flew but it was not hard to fly as long as you understood how a given control input would cause the heli to react. Somewhere along the way it became "realistic" to make a helicopter almost impossible to fly even with dedicated controls. Maybe it was a macho thing I don't know but I would always say to myself that if these things really flew like this, they would be falling out of the sky in real life. These last two add-ons I purchased seem to be zeroing in on the way I imagined a heli would behave. The KA-32 seems to feel like a two bladed counter rotating mast would behave and while the R-44 isn't a cake walk, seems to fly like it should as long as you don't misbehave with it, like getting yourself into a vortex ring state.

I highly recommend either of these if not both as they behave quite differently and are both fun to fly. Still wishing the Dodo would be updated but don't think that's ever going to happen at this point. I don't know why no other developer hasn't picked up the slack with the Bell 206? It would be nice to have one back. Regardless these last two seem to be filling that void.

LouP