MAW in Windows 10

Thread: MAW in Windows 10

MAW in Windows 10

Is it possible to transfer my MAW files from my old XP computer to my new Windows 10 computer or do I need to download and load everything up from scratch?
    I tried the transfer and it didn't work, I think I may have missed something.

IMO you should be able to transfer an install to another drive and OS but 1. Make sure comparability is set for XP SP3 and 2. Your MultiCFS3.exe is set again to the install location.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

I currently have 14 different installs running in Win 10 without any of them needing to use compatibility settings. Many of these have been carried along from XP to Vista, to Win 7, to Win 10, and have gone through several major hardware changes and hard drive losses. As was mentioned, the most important thing each time was running MultCFS3.

One thing about Win 10 is that it steadfastly blocks any game from accessing a CD/DVD drive to do an ownership validity check, so you need to be using a version that doesn't require a disk in the drive to run.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I currently have 14 different installs running in Win 10 without any of them needing to use compatibility settings. Many of these have been carried along from XP to Vista, to Win 7, to Win 10, and have gone through several major hardware changes and hard drive losses. As was mentioned, the most important thing each time was running MultCFS3.

One thing about Win 10 is that it steadfastly blocks any game from accessing a CD/DVD drive to do an ownership validity check, so you need to be using a version that doesn't require a disk in the drive to run.
    Oh, my. I think that's my issue. I now remember getting the no CD version for ETO. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by swpierce View Post
    Oh, my. I think that's my issue. I now remember getting the no CD version for ETO. Thanks.
    Unfortunately that did not work for me so I downloaded and reinstalled the entire MAW program from scratch according to instructions. I also ran MultiCFS3 in the MAW folder and put in the "no cd patch" CFS3.exe.
    The instructions say that I should run the RandomSpawnsToggler before running MAW so I tried this and got a system error that says:

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVBVM50.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Here's what I found on the internet:

The Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine (MSVBVM50.DLL) file is used to run native 32-bit visual basic applications on 64-bit machines.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q180071/

The file needs to be added to your file registry.
    If the DLL does not register automatically, the following steps will register it.
    1. Copy the expanded DLL in C:\Windows\System32.
    2. Using the RUN option in the start menu, run "REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVBVM50.DLL"
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Here's what I found on the internet:

The Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine (MSVBVM50.DLL) file is used to run native 32-bit visual basic applications on 64-bit machines.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q180071/

The file needs to be added to your file registry.
    If the DLL does not register automatically, the following steps will register it.
    1. Copy the expanded DLL in C:\Windows\System32.
    2. Using the RUN option in the start menu, run "REGSVR32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVBVM50.DLL"
    I could not find MSVBVM50.DLL in that link. Instead it contains a file called VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe.
    Also, I was able to download and install ETO without this particular issue. Does it make sense that MAW is different?

I believe the DLL you were looking for gets installed as part of the VB6 package.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I believe the DLL you were looking for gets installed as part of the VB6 package.
    OK, thanks.
    By the way, I tried booting up MAW without setting the spawn selector and it came up just fine. I just can't use the spawn selector. Yet.

Downloaded VB6 package but found no MSVBVM50.DLL after running .exe.
    When I attempted to register as you suggested an error window said that it failed to load (The specified module could not be found.)

Is there a way to manually go into MAW to turn off the stock random spawns without using the disabler?

Members who have read this thread: 0