CFS2_Erwin_Welker-BV238C conversion released!

Thread: CFS2_Erwin_Welker-BV238C conversion released!

Icon22 CFS2_Erwin_Welker-BV238C conversion released!

Do anybody wants a Blohm & Voss BV238?

Cheers

Pepe

Neet looking!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

i'm much interested in these german planes,
    thanks Pepe...

I got the authorisation

Now, I'll finish the work. I still need to do the VC panel.

Cheers

Pepe

About the BV238...

I reworked the model to accept CFS2 commands. Now, Concorde's nose commands actuate guns animations. All control surfaces are working well except bomb bays (theres no way to fix it). Now, I need to put real German bombs at it. It can offer a lot of resistance as an AI plane. In an attack, i lost four P-38, including myself, without shooting it down! As a pilot, I feel a safe and reliable lady with no vices.

Cheers

Pepe

I may upload her in a few days...

I hope everybody likes her!

Pepe

What's not to like - a large, well armed flying boat.
    Thank you for your work on these birds.

Icon5

Breaking parts is reeaally overrated..... i can understand bullet holes.... but not bits that fall off....

Mav

Pepe..... check PM

Question

Pepe

The "f_canopy" keyframe opens the bombbay doors..... hopefully now you can fix it.... good luck.

M

The problem is in MY conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Pepe

The "f_canopy" keyframe opens the bombbay doors..... hopefully now you can fix it.... good luck.

M
    As I have NO SCASM knowledge, I used tools like Ivan Hsu and Allen models converters. Probably, the Ivan Hsu software disable the bombdoor bay. I already change the f_canopy command to spoiler using hex edit with no success. I succeed to change all other important animations and disable the bomb launch effect attached to F_canopy2 command.

Thank you!

Pepe

PS: Please, send your model to me.

BV238 new model by Mav...

I just received it. I need to adjust the dp. Fantastic conversion!

Cheers

Pepe

BV238 is ready for upload

This huge aircraft made its first flight in April 1944 and was rather a flying ship than a boat, bigger than the BV-222, and was the heaviest aircraft of WWII. The Spruce Goose with eight engines was even much bigger but she was buildt at the end of the war and never did a real flight except a test taxiing with a short moment of being airborne. Only one BV-238 performed successful flights, the two other prototypes were never completed. The FS-model shows the heavy armed planned long range bomber version, which was never completed. It comes with two paint schemes: winter and green.

The BV238 is a gentle giant. She takes off smoothly, even with full load. Cutting the engines, you enter a gentle descent with a pitch down nose attitude. Just push your joystick up and she lands quietly at the right angle. You can program the autopilot using a historical German flight director (you can only mark your direction, no altitude control). The spoiler key opens your port and starboard floats.

Many THANKS to Erwin Welker, for the original model, and MaverickCFS2, that did a terrific job converting the model to CFS2.

Icon22 CFS2_Erwin_Welker-BV238C conversion released!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: This huge aircraft made its first flight in April 1944 and was rather a flying ship than a boat, bigger than the BV-222, and was the heaviest aircraft of WWII. The Spruce Goose with eight engines was even much bigger but she was built at the end of the war and never did a real flight except a test taxiing with a short moment of being airborne. Only one BV-238 performed successful flights, the two other prototypes were never completed. The FS-model shows the heavy armed planned long range bomber version, which was never completed. It comes with two paint schemes: winter and green.

The BV238 is a gentle giant. She takes off smoothly, even with full load. Cutting the engines, you enter a gentle descent with a pitch down nose attitude. Just push your joystick up and she lands quietly at the right angle. You can program the autopilot using a historical German flight director (You can only mark your direction, no altitude control). The spoiler key opens your port and starboard floats.

Many THANKS to Erwin Welker, for the original model, and MaverickCFS2, who did a terrific job converting the model to CFS2.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit CFS2_Erwin_Welker-BV238C.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

"Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon5 MaverickCFS2 ????

Pepe

Think.... it going to confuse everyone here who that is..... but not a biggie. Lol

Cheers mav

Fascinating! Many thanks for this.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Thanks Peperez!

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

A few more-

Cheers,
    MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Thanks Pepe & Erwin (x 100)!

hertzie

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Thanks Pepe & Erwin (x 100)!

hertzie
    Don't forget MaverickCFS2... OOOps! MAV!

Cheers

Pepe

I'm just waiting...

...the combat reports AGAINST it...

Many Thanks,
    Pepe, Mav and Erwin, it's marvellous...

Members who have read this thread: 1