Vive la France! Amiot 143M bomber is available! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vive la France! Amiot 143M bomber is available!

Icon9

G,

Stagnated, as in, research and developement of their own french aircraft.

And..''Do you know that the Allied bombings over France caused more civilian casualties than the United Kingdom under the "German blitz"?'', unfortunately yes..a horrible sad fact. Your parents and the French people must have been very strong, to not only be under the Nazi regime, but then to be 'attacked' by their allies. World WWII civillian deaths were 50-55 million, makes you think doesn't it.

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    G,

Stagnated, as in, research and developement of their own french aircraft.

And..''Do you know that the Allied bombings over France caused more civilian casualties than the United Kingdom under the "German blitz"?'', unfortunately yes..a horrible sad fact. Your parents and the French people must have been very strong, to not only be under the Nazi regime, but then to be 'attacked' by their allies. World WWII civillian deaths were 50-55 million, makes you think doesn't it.

Shessi
    Development in France was impossible but research no, they did with more or less success. Many postwar projects were launched underground during the occupation. French engineers were not blind to what was beeing done. In any case, these difficulties did not interfere too much with post-war research, another world had just been born, that of the jets.
    JMC

Hi Folks,

Just uploaded for fs9. And yes there will be a CFS2 version....

Cheers

Shessi

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=205&id=26288

Thanks Shessi! (And I did read the read me file! )

For me, it has something which reminds me to the Short Stirling from this angle.

Hi,

Thank's ! Modeling an Amiot 143 is a big work. The interior is very complex. The 2 cockpits are superimposed. It is quite special. This is a description of the upper cockpit (below).

Realizing precisely an Amiot 143 seems to me beyond the possibilities of FS9. But it's a good idea what this plane is that you give us.

JMC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails amiot_cockpit1.jpg   amiot_cockpit2.jpg  

Bravo!

Thank you!

JMC,

One of the aircraft "under development" in one of your previous post is obviously the Loire 210. Am I correct when I think the other one is a Morane Saulnier MS.225?
    I have a pile of old French model/aviation magazines, which might contain information you are looking for. I can go through them, but in that case its useful to know what I have to look for.\

I already came across an article about the MS.225.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Its an ugly plane, but a beautiful model. As we now know how it all ended, we can hardly understand that people once believed in aircraft like this.......

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub.... would that be the same ppl that thought the world was flat once.... by any chance????

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Huub.... would that be the same ppl that thought the world was flat once.... by any chance????

Cheers mav
    I don't think so Mav. People who believed in these early interwar bulky aircraft were definitely optimists. People who believed in a flat earth, though you would drop straight into hell, when you came too close to the edge. So they were definitely the pessimists.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Welllll....you know;

We live in a time where a modern military aircraft like the F-18 can claim to have been flown by the grandfather, the father, and currently....his son. While the software is rocketing ahead, it's the hardware that's changing soooooo slowly. ( Not so good for the venerable B.737.....)

I had a friend who was born in (what was then) Dutch East Indies during the Nineteen Thirties. He recounts his father (A chemical engineer for Shell Oil Ltd.) taking him down to see the new Martin B.10 bombers that had just arrived, a real plane of the future in his eyes.

A little while later the Japanese invaded Indonesia, and those futuristic bombers became instantly obsolete.

.....Visible, hardware technology was changing at a rate that is hard to imagine today.

Think...1935....biplanes beginning to phase out.....1945.....jets arriving with a thunderous roar.

Magoo,

You are absolutely correct. The Heinkel He51 arrived only in 1933 while the first Bf109s already arrived in 1937. In 1937, l'Armee de l'Air received the first Dewoitine D.500 D.501 series (all metal, monoplane!), which were already replaced by the much more powerful D.510 during the same year! The first Gladiators were delivered to the RAF in February 1937 (!), while in December 1937 the first Hurricanes were already delivered.

I think more powerful reliable engines were the biggest push forward. It gave designers the possibility to build heavier all metal aircraft, with less wings and with fancy stuff like retractable under carriage.

And I'm convinced that the general audience looked at them like we are currently looking to the F-35! (Too noisy and far too expensive )

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I'm convinced that the general audience looked at them like we are currently looking to the F-35! (Too noisy and far too expensive )
    Yes.....and an interesting comparison in both regards. Our perception of "super-futuristic".....the F-35 Lightning II.

Keenly demonstrating how times have changed....I think I first became aware of the X-35 around 1999-2000, and at the "two decade mark", it's still only "dribbling" into service with many potential buyers sitting on the fence as basic development and debugging are still ongoing.

The aircraft itself is projected to be in useful service until 2070. (!!!) How many generations of pilots & service personel could that represent?

It's useful to note the the high-powered piston engined monoplane warbirds that so many of us love, really only enjoyed peak effective service for a little more than a decade.

Certainly the Amiot 143 featured some fascinating and leading edge technical innovations at it's introduction. However, the shape of things to come then, and now, has been repeatedly proven out by meaning within the words of the great profit, ........"Darwin."

Hi Huub,

I am interested in all old magazines talking about French models of the 30s and 40s. The MS225 is finished at 75%, for this plane my main problem is to solve the painting difficulties, particularly the aluminum area of ​​the engine cover. I hesitate to get started. The Loire 210 is a candidate for FSX/P3D with 3D gauges and maybe even for FS9 with French xml gauges that I have in stock. I am looking for a photo of the cockpit or a diagram.

For the MS406 I would also really like to do it and see what results I could get.

JMC

Members who have read this thread: 2