Vive la France! Amiot 143M bomber is available!

Thread: Vive la France! Amiot 143M bomber is available!

Hybrid View

Vive la France! Amiot 143M bomber is available!

Hi Folks,
    Been working on lots of projects, it's winter you know!, and this one is nearly there, just being tested, and few bits to do.

It's based on an IL-2 model, which was based on Paul Clawson's Amiot, further detailed, a new VC, animations and versions etc.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amiot 143M 1.jpg  

So ugly - who can resist, I love ugly. Looking forward to this.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Its an ugly plane, but a beautiful model. As we now know how it all ended, we can hardly understand that people once believed in aircraft like this.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Its an ugly plane, but a beautiful model. As we now know how it all ended, we can hardly understand that people once believed in aircraft like this.......

Cheers,
    Huub
    Huub.... would that be the same ppl that thought the world was flat once.... by any chance????

Cheers mav

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Huub.... would that be the same ppl that thought the world was flat once.... by any chance????

Cheers mav
    I don't think so Mav. People who believed in these early interwar bulky aircraft were definitely optimists. People who believed in a flat earth, though you would drop straight into hell, when you came too close to the edge. So they were definitely the pessimists.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hi Huub,

I am interested in all old magazines talking about French models of the 30s and 40s. The MS225 is finished at 75%, for this plane my main problem is to solve the painting difficulties, particularly the aluminum area of ​​the engine cover. I hesitate to get started. The Loire 210 is a candidate for FSX/P3D with 3D gauges and maybe even for FS9 with French xml gauges that I have in stock. I am looking for a photo of the cockpit or a diagram.

For the MS406 I would also really like to do it and see what results I could get.

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Welllll....you know;

We live in a time where a modern military aircraft like the F-18 can claim to have been flown by the grandfather, the father, and currently....his son. While the software is rocketing ahead, it's the hardware that's changing soooooo slowly. ( Not so good for the venerable B.737.....)

I had a friend who was born in (what was then) Dutch East Indies during the Nineteen Thirties. He recounts his father (A chemical engineer for Shell Oil Ltd.) taking him down to see the new Martin B.10 bombers that had just arrived, a real plane of the future in his eyes.

A little while later the Japanese invaded Indonesia, and those futuristic bombers became instantly obsolete.

.....Visible, hardware technology was changing at a rate that is hard to imagine today.

Think...1935....biplanes beginning to phase out.....1945.....jets arriving with a thunderous roar.

Magoo,

You are absolutely correct. The Heinkel He51 arrived only in 1933 while the first Bf109s already arrived in 1937. In 1937, l'Armee de l'Air received the first Dewoitine D.500 D.501 series (all metal, monoplane!), which were already replaced by the much more powerful D.510 during the same year! The first Gladiators were delivered to the RAF in February 1937 (!), while in December 1937 the first Hurricanes were already delivered.

I think more powerful reliable engines were the biggest push forward. It gave designers the possibility to build heavier all metal aircraft, with less wings and with fancy stuff like retractable under carriage.

And I'm convinced that the general audience looked at them like we are currently looking to the F-35! (Too noisy and far too expensive )

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon22 Reply...

Mark,

I'm using an older but serviceable version for the Battle of France that UncleTgt cleaned up for me. It looks like after the campaign package's release, I'll be making an upgrade!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members +
    The French have made the most ugly planes, so much so, that they become quite cute, in a French kind of way!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

It looks like a flying ... something or other, anyway not an airplane within the usual meaning of the term.

Anyway, I love it!

But I can see why la France didn't exactly Vive with an air force full of these!

It looks more like a flying Pullman railway carriage, im imagining a cocktail bar, a guy in a bow tie serving drinks and a piano in the corner, anything but a warplane. Looking forward to flying it though

Aircraft like this, the Farman F.222.2 and the Bloch MB.200 were all product from the modernisation projects from the late 20-ties and early 30-ties. They were already obsolete when the war began. But France had nice looking aircraft as well I think the LeO.451 was nice looking aircraft and quite modern at the start of the war. The Dewoitine D.520 is also a quite neat looking aircraft. But as France couldn't produce enough aircraft for a second modernisation run, they went abroad for aircraft like the Boston, Maryland, Curtiss H75 Hawk,....... they even bought the Koolhoven FK.58!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    The French have made the most ugly planes, so much so, that they become quite cute, in a French kind of way!
    My thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    My thoughts as well.
    Hi,
    If I believe the US models of the 30s, I am not sure that your comments are devoid of misplaced chauvinism.
    For me, the B26 peashooter is the symbol of ugliness. You only have to compare it to the contemporary French Dewoitine D500.
    The Amiot 143 is in the aesthetic standard of the 30s, not as ugly as its British or US contemporaries. You lack references.
    I could quote some contemporaries to the Amiot 143 if you want!

JMC

Vive la France! Amiot 143M bomber nearly ready..

Oula Gaston, du calme,
    faut admettre que il ne manque que l inscription "campagnie des Wagon Lits"
    ou "Wagon Bar SNCF".
    These comments should not be to make you upset.
    We all know that in every country there have been planes with a look to be discutable.
    When I look on my german side aie aie il y en a pas mal aussi.
    On the other side we all now about some french planes which where realy fine and real beauties.
    And those who are interested in history know that in france after the declaration of war the unions did declare strike
    which blocked completely the french war production in a crucial moment. That having as effect that new and modern planes did not came to the fighting units.
    Alors, il n y avait rien de chauvin dans ces commentaires chers Gaston
    Prenez un bon whisky (il y en a du tres bon breton) and keep on laughing
    We all honore the french pilots who did fight very courageous
    Yours
    Papi

JMC-

I posted that with a smile.

Ask any of my FS friends, they will all tell you how much I like the French designs of the 1930's. The Couzinets are some of my favorites!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post888019

Just recently I was wishing for one of these French beauties:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1203505

And here I am piloting a Farman F223.4 on a 9.5 hour flight for an event hosted over at Flightsim a couple of years ago:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...r-Holkham-2015

Best,
    Kevin

Shessi- Sorry for the diversion. Looking forward to the Amiot.

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,
    If I believe the US models of the 30s, I am not sure that your comments are devoid of misplaced chauvinism.
    For me, the B26 peashooter is the symbol of ugliness. You only have to compare it to the contemporary French Dewoitine D500.
    The Amiot 143 is in the aesthetic standard of the 30s, not as ugly as its British or US contemporaries. You lack references.
    I could quote some contemporaries to the Amiot 143 if you want!

JMC

Members who have read this thread: 1