Dino's Single Seat Skyhawk released!

Thread: Dino's Single Seat Skyhawk released!

Dino's Single Seat Skyhawk released!

Dino's Single Seat Skyhawk for FSX looks to have been released! Available at https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafo...-edition.phtml

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Dino's Single Seat Skyhawk for FSX looks to have been released! Available at https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafo...-edition.phtml
    Awesome! I didn't even know the two seater was out yet!

Decided to get and it is really good so far except for some kind of sound ini problem when I load the aircraft. Sounds awesome when I fly it so don't know what the issue would be. This scooter is a lot of fun to fly! Next paycheck there will be a TA-4 parked next to it!

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

A good choice....

My first trap was a good one.... yes really a nice aircraft....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-1-21_19-42-23-519.jpg   2020-1-21_20-2-43-881.jpg  

Thanks for the appreciation!Please note that the package has been recently upgraded to v1.02. Due to my mistake, for a few hours, the link at SimMarket was for the P3D version instead of the FSX one... now it is fixed.Updates can be safely installed OVER the existing install. No uninstall required (the software does not write anything to the register) - but you may want to beackup your aircraft.cfg if you have installed any repaint.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Request repaint Argentina Navy/Air Force for Dinos FSX A-4

Hi folks,

here my direct question: Is there any painter in the FSX universum who can do an Argentinian repaint of Dino`Skyhawk? I know to be correct in painting a A-4P or Q (all remanufactured A-4Bs) is needed to repaint. But Dino´s bird is so fine and an alternative is not really given....

I would like to see such a repaint to fly under the correct Argentinian or British flags when using kl791´s hopefully upcoming "classic shipping" package - especially using his ships of the Falkland Wars and other available Falkland sceneries...

See also:http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Support/page18

Here my wish...

Many greetings to all...

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paint SchemeArgentian Skyhawk.jpg  

I would like to second that demand for an Argentinian repaint... and the Falklands Package is progressing well... more screenshots this weekend
    Henrik

If you go to the Warbirds library and search Jankees Military repaints you will find a repaint of A-4Q 0668/3-A-215 (BuNo.145053) of 3O Escuadrilla Aeronaval.

Regards Paul Day.

my paint is for the P3Dv4.5 version with PBR, so you may need to adapt them for FSX.
    I don't have FSX any more, but my guess you'd have to change the alpha channel and rename the normal textures. If the spec files are generic, then no problem there, if they are not, than you may need to reowrk those as well.
    If somebody sends me a FSX texture folder I can see what is needed..

jk4248
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Surprising....

Hi JANKEES, hi PAUL DAY

first thank you very much for your remarks and help to get a Argentinian Armada repaint for FSX.

Assuming that the P3Dv4.5 textures would need a conversion to FSX I nethertheless installed the orginal textures from JANKEES´s "JK_A-4_Skyhawk_Argentina_3-A-215.zip" - as they are - in my FSX textures folder of the A-4E to see what happens.

And - really surprising for me - everthing is fine ... no transparency or flicker problems day or night ...or something else is false... Also the scratches on the cockpit glas are to see....

I´ve never thought to use such textures with PBR etc. in FSX without lending a hand on them....

Here my first test starting on the Comandante Espora Airport / Bahia Blanca (SAZB)

First successful trap on the Brazillian carrier A12 (Rem.: An 25 de Mayo Carrier is no longer available...So the Argentinian Pilots made trainings on the Brazillian carrier in reality... )

Again a big Thank you ...

RS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-1-23_16-6-34-868.jpg   2020-1-23_16-12-45-510.jpg   2020-1-23_16-12-58-789.jpg   2020-1-23_16-30-13-139.jpg  

Hi all... FYI in the FSX rendition I have used specular maps to replace PBR materials (of course it is not the same thing...but still)... maps have been tuned to a "medium gloss - one fits all" shininess that should work well with most of the liveries done for P3Dv4 ;-) !...this also applies to the TA-4!

Just to elaborate a little on my previous statement: In order to have PBR on the model, the materials on the model need to be tagged to be Prepar3D PBR modeling while creating the model itself. Also, at that stage, you need to assign a "_metallic" texture to the model itself. It is the "metallic" texture that contains the PBR information (metalness, glossiness and AO). The rest of the PBR appearance is provided by an "albedo" texture and a normal map. The normal map is the same in P3Dv4.5 as it is in FSX, while the albedo technically is not the same as the diffuse but in most cases is the same. The FSX models are of couse compiled with the FSX compiler and will look for the same textures used for albedo in PBR as diffuse for FSX. An additional set of specular maps will do the rest.As result, the repaints for P3Dv4 will work on FSX - they will not look 100% as intended, but should be acceptable. All special materials (like glass etc.) are independent of the livery and will work just fine ;-)

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

Very acceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Just to elaborate a little on my previous statement: In order to have PBR on the model, the materials on the model need to be tagged to be Prepar3D PBR modeling while creating the model itself. Also, at that stage, you need to assign a "_metallic" texture to the model itself. It is the "metallic" texture that contains the PBR information (metalness, glossiness and AO). The rest of the PBR appearance is provided by an "albedo" texture and a normal map. The normal map is the same in P3Dv4.5 as it is in FSX, while the albedo technically is not the same as the diffuse but in most cases is the same. The FSX models are of couse compiled with the FSX compiler and will look for the same textures used for albedo in PBR as diffuse for FSX. An additional set of specular maps will do the rest.As result, the repaints for P3Dv4 will work on FSX - they will not look 100% as intended, but should be acceptable. All special materials (like glass etc.) are independent of the livery and will work just fine ;-)
    Hi Dino

thank you for your further explanations... The P3DV4 textures are very acceptable in FSX for my taste...
    JanKees has done a wonderful job with his painting.

Less wonderful and even not acceptable is my today´s success rate of trapping the wire... It needed seven approaches (and estimated 3 or 4 times a life of a pilot) to catch a wire before finally doing the first cat shot from the A12 this day...

Well... only practice makes perfect...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-1-25_21-20-3-546.jpg  

Playing a bit with the excellent Paint-Kit - a pair of "civilian" Agressors .... . BTW, thank you so much to convert the Single-Seater for FSX Dino, simply wonderfull

All the Best

Dirk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unbenannt3.jpg   Unbenannt2.jpg   Unbenannt.jpg  

Hi Dino,
    Very nice - again!

Now that you have released the Scooter, would you ever consider applying your magic to developing an A-3 (series) Skywarrior? There were many variants of the Whale and involved in numerous mission types (nuclear and conventional weapon delivery, aerial tanker, pathfinder, electronic warfare (ELINT, COMINT, SIGINT, and Jamming), Photo-recon, VIP Transport).
    A-3B
    KA-3B
    EA-3B
    EKA-3B
    RA-3B
    ERA-3B
    VA-3B

The Virtavia version is fair - but this aircraft needs a re-launch.

I hope you will consider it.
    Many thanks in advance.

Deke
    Navy81

I could go for an EK-A3B Skywarrior complete with ECM canoe and blisters. Maybe an extending refueling hose with drag chute. That's what my squadrons flew! VAH-10 and VAQ-129, NAS Whidbey Is.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I hate to break it to you guys but the A-4 is the last FSX aircraft for Dino according to his FB page.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thanks for the appreciation and support! However the sales figures are really bad (less than 30 copies sold at the moment), and considering the effort it took to continue supporting FSX, especially with FS2020 on the horizon, it is more than likely that the A-4 is my last project for FSX.

Thanks for the appreciation and support! However the sales figures are really bad (less than 30 copies sold at the moment), and considering the effort it took to continue supporting FSX, especially with FS2020 on the horizon, it is more than likely that the A-4 is my last project for FSX.
    I think most of people sit here in this corner of FSX ... just out of habit.
    Many use P3D screenshots, asked about P3D behavior ect. this causes false information.
    P3D corner on SoH looks like barely living guy but yes it exists here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...99-Prepar3D-V4 and please - if You fly in P3D use P3D corner, not FSX till the end of this century . Time to move on!
    I havent FSX on my disc since few years and never Id like to back to it. P3D, especially from v4.4 offers mutch more. Next step: FS2020 I hope ;>.

https://download.navigraph.com/docs/...2019-final.pdf

Of course, FSX is still alive but statistically it is 4 times less popular than Prepar3D. BUT:

In the same time:

Maybe too many people have a shortcut only to this corner forum ? I dont know it.
    Last edited by YoYo; February 6th, 2020 at 03:45.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I just have to give a huge thank you to you sir for going through all the effort to get a better Skyhawk into FSX!

plus one!

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 2