WOP FW190 A8 Uffz Willi Maximowitz

Thread: WOP FW190 A8 Uffz Willi Maximowitz

WOP FW190 A8 Uffz Willi Maximowitz

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This file conatains alternative textures for the payware Wings of Power/Shockwave FW190 A8. These textures depict the FW190 A8/R2 flown by Oberfeldwebel Willi Maximowitz in June 1944.

OberFeldwebel Willi Maximowitz was born on 29 January 1920 in Wuppertal-Banen. In January 1944 he voluteered to join Sturmstaffel 1, which was a unit created to break up the large bomber formations. Due to the high risks for the pilots, these units were formed with volunteers. In June 1944 his unit was moved to France to fight the troops which had landed in Normandy. The extra armored FW190 A8/R2s were used to attack the Allied groundtroops. Spring 1945 his unit was transferred to the Eastern front. On 20 April 1945, only 2 weeks before the war in Europe ended, Oberfeldwebel Maximowitz failed to return from a combat mission. He was credited for 27 victories, from which 15 were heavy bombers.

These textures are based on the excellent paintkit by Martin "ICDP" Catney. Files are converted in extended format by using Martin Wright's perfect DTX1 bmp manipulator, and the drop tank textures were borrowed from Rick "Smashing time" Spork.

Although I really don't know how these textures could harm you or your computer, but as always, the use of these textures is entirely at your own risk.

Enjoy,
    Huub Vink
    January 2020

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit WOP FW190 A8 Uffz Willi Maximowitz
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Beautiful work Huub and thank you. I love the added history which you include with your paints.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Thanks for the nice words and I'm glad somebody is reading my history lessons

Cheers,
    Huub

You do fine work Sir.. It's a plus to have you give a description of your paints....

Members who have read this thread: 0