I'll sell a kidney for this!

Thread: I'll sell a kidney for this!

I'll sell a kidney for this!

Lust at first sight! I might have to sell a kidney and my partner to raise the asking price!
    One car that I've wanted for as long as I can remember.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

May take more than just kidneys and a partner! There was a 5th grade teacher at my elementary school that drove one of these:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	73485
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

No car is worth a kidney, but this bike is.......

Cheers,
    Huub

Interesting choice Huub!

Option 1: The 1300cc model.

Option 2: The 1600cc model.

And Option 3: The full house version that has raced all over and won all over!
    Several years ago we became aware of the resurrected 'Vincent' and were taken aback as it looked very well engineered, no external plumbing for instance!
    I was quite surprised when I discovered it was a project from a fairly small engineering firm and an Australian one at that.
    At the time we enquired the 'How Much' and 'How Fast' both of us were just curious, but the numbers quoted were around A$20,000.00+ for a solo and A$30,000.00- for an outfit.
    No idea of the current figures but I believe they have a long list of orders. Not really my sort of bike but a twin that uses cylinders developed for a 308c/i Commodore Supercar is a serious device.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Many many years ago there was an article about John Surtees, riding on/testing a modernised Black Shadow. The bike was absolutely stunning. I think it was raced in the "Battle of the Twins competition, which was a sort of vintage racing in those day. A friend of my sold all his classic bikes and bought a"normal street" version. He never regretted this decision.

When I ever get filthy rich, I will definitely buy one

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Many many years ago there was an article about John Surtees, riding on/testing a modernised Black Shadow. The bike was absolutely stunning. I think it was raced in the "Battle of the Twins competition, which was a sort of vintage racing in those day. A friend of my sold all his classic bikes and bought a"normal street" version. He never regretted this decision.

When I ever get filthy rich, I will definitely buy one

Cheers,
    Huub
    It's a sad state of the world when someone like Jeff Bezos can buy one of those with what he adds to his bank account every half hour.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    It's a sad state of the world when someone like Jeff Bezos can buy one of those with what he adds to his bank account every half hour.
    Be not emotionally downtrodden! As the world knows, from photographic evidence foolishly disseminated by bozos himself, he is over compensating for an embarrassing physical...er, shortfall. All the hot cars in existence will not ameliorate that.
    In any event, the handling on those things, and the subsequent developments, were awful. Fun to tootle about in, though they don't fit my arse.
    Once one starts to push it, they have frighteningly poor road manners.

My father (a Velocette man!) was very scathing about the original Vincents:"Fastest five barred gate in the World" was his summary.
    As for the engine:"Never be as good as a big JAP......and why would you run the oil lines OUTSIDE the thing?"

However, stuff that big twin into a decent frame and they did well, popular with outfit racers (until the TZ750 came along) and in New Zealand a Mettise-Vincent was quite the package.
    The bikes we're looking at here are a total rework of the original Vincent, much tidier (virtually new) engine design and a modern frame.
    Original project began decades ago when Vincent engines were almost collectors items, as is often the case it evolved over the years with the purchase of the 'Vincent' name and the decision to race the solo in the BOT
    alongside a modern outfit in the 'Historic' domestic series, can't recall the class but there's always a slot in Historics.

Not my favourite bike but I am impressed by the way a small Australian engineering business took on such a project and made a success of it.

I'm hanging out for an MV......but for now......the Cafe Racer modernised!

Members who have read this thread: 0