Aeroplane Heaven Hurricane released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Heaven Hurricane released

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Aeroplane Heaven Hurricane released

Aeroplane Heaven have released their long awaited Hawker Hurricane https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_hurricane.php as well as at Just Flight and Sim Market.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

2.1 Gb download! Oh dear..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Not yet available on JustFlight sadly. I have a gift card and points there...

Priller

Looks great and will be a good addition, but will wait for it to hit Just Flight store as I have some credit there.

looks and flies great, another winner Baz!
    jk4570

jk4574

jk4576

jk4587
    oh-oh, what did I do wrong?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Doesn't this merit a sticky? Just a thought!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Did you open the radiator flap? Gotta watch that Glycol temp! Honestly, I don't have it yet, but I thought it was a good first guess. Nice pics.

Not on my top list but I’ll think, I like AH planes. Nice to see Sea Huricane also!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    looks and flies great, another winner Baz!
    jk4570

jk4574

jk4576

jk4587
    Check your automixture setting in the sim setup pages. Turn it off. It's all in the manual, please read it, there are other traps for youngplayers. Thanks Jan, nice pics!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Is it just me having a problem with the prop and spinner not showing in the P3D selection window?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Is it just me having a problem with the prop and spinner not showing in the P3D selection window?

Thats the first time you run it and every time you restart the sim.

Long story short :
    Custom prop animations require a gauge. The gauge doesnt get loaded when you are in the chooser. Pick a plane and then let it load and then immediately select another and you should see the prop.

We had this discussion on another addon. The time most people spend in the chooser is minimal as compared to having correct/accurate start up timed to videos of the exact plane starting up. It is a function of an almost 15 year old game engine. Fingers crossed for FS2020.

any news on the paintkit?
    jk4701

Should be this week. Nice shots mate.

Downloaded, extracted and using AH_Hur_MK1_P3DV4_PBR_v1.exe I've installed using the option to install outside P3D, but the Hurricane doesn't appear in the aircraft list.

The files installed to E:\P3D4 add-ons\Installed\AH Hurricane and look correct.

In P3D, there's no option to activate via manage add-ons though.

Looking at the zip content and the folders installed, I've got no documents for the Hurricane either.

Guess I'm doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Golding View Post
    Downloaded, extracted and using AH_Hur_MK1_P3DV4_PBR_v1.exe I've installed using the option to install outside P3D, but the Hurricane doesn't appear in the aircraft list.

The files installed to E:\P3D4 add-ons\Installed\AH Hurricane and look correct.

In P3D, there's no option to activate via manage add-ons though.

Looking at the zip content and the folders installed, I've got no documents for the Hurricane either.

Guess I'm doing something wrong?
    Just an update. Found the docs folder, though didn't have time to take a look yet.

After un-installing and then re-installing, this time to the default external location in C:\user\documents etc, the Hurricane appeared in P3D.

Isn't there a way to install this somewhere else, like the E: drive mentioned above? As I said above, the install process allows you to select the install location, but P3D isn't finding it. Probably just me, but I'd like to hear how to do it.

I only had a short time to have a look at the Hurricane; it's lovely. There is a "but" though. I need a new PC. On a clean install of P3D with Orbx TE England and no other add-on's installed yet and with fairly mid settings I go from mid 40's with a default aircraft, to 10/12 with the Hurricane (PBR version). I'll try the non-PBR textures next time and use this as a reminder that a 5 year old PC is no good for PBR :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Golding View Post
    I only had a short time to have a look at the Hurricane; it's lovely. There is a "but" though. I need a new PC. On a clean install of P3D with Orbx TE England and no other add-on's installed yet and with fairly mid settings I go from mid 40's with a default aircraft, to 10/12 with the Hurricane (PBR version). I'll try the non-PBR textures next time and use this as a reminder that a 5 year old PC is no good for PBR :-(
    Paul, I don’t have the Hurricane but I have a thought about the frame rates. I have an older system as well and have discovered that the functional mirrors on the A2A products have a drastic effect on frame rates. Once disabled the frame rates return to normal levels. Maybe the Hurricane rear view mirror has the same effect? Perhaps a question for Baz, can the mirror be switched off?

Cheers, Bernard
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Not directly, no. However, you could try commenting out the camera entry in the aircraft CFG and the mirror section in the panel config. There is also a set of 2K textures for the shared texture folder.

Baz, is there any chance of a model with a tropical filter?

Sorry Jan, nothing planned for the foreseeable future.

awww...and a paintkit?

Sorting the paintkit.

Anyone else having issues starting from cold and dark?
    Everything set as per the checklist, but as soon as the starter kicks in and the engine fires the whole aircraft starts bouncing, flipping and tumbling all over the place. Ctl-E starts it fine though.

Members who have read this thread: 3