Spawn file activation

Thread: Spawn file activation

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Spawn file activation

Being fully uniformed about spawn files asking for a little help. It appears that these files are only activated by altitude and not location. Or by placing a facility file associated with a spawn file you could get location dependent spawns? Am I close or just lost?

Not quite sure I follow what you want to know there, but you can make things spawn in specific places, including making aircraft appear on the runway of a specific airfield and take off, by adding the relevant info. Of course, now I've said that, I can't find any of mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

ok

Once you find one could you send it my way?

I haven't done anything on CFS3 since a couple of years now but I can try to help.

What are you looking for exactly, for example when you are talking about altitude: is it the altitude of the aircraft that is spawned or the altitude at which the player aircraft must be below/above for a spawn to work? For the second, I've tried many things but without success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Check also with David Daiwilletti as he seems to know a bit. Anything useful from the sticky? I seem to remember David mentioning something about altitude=no in some post or other there.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Being fully uniformed about spawn files asking for a little help. It appears that these files are only activated by altitude and not location. Or by placing a facility file associated with a spawn file you could get location dependent spawns? Am I close or just lost?
    Hi NachtPiloten,

I'm largely away from home over the next few days, but a quick comment is as follows. You can set a "perimeter" in a facility xml file so that particular spawning events are triggered at a certain distance. IIRC railyard facilities are an example of this. Remeber there is a terrific text document in the package with the Mission and facility editor. One of the things it covers is the includion of flags for spawns within the facility xml file. Again, the railyard facility is an example of a facility file triggering rail traffic when you reach the Outerdistance of the facility. Something like Outerdistance=10000.

Whilst the trigger can set the distance, the altitude of aircraft are set within the spawn table file and the spawn files. In the spawn table file (ending .spawns), you can have low agl (above ground level) and highagl, so that the spawning events only occur in a certain altitudinal range. eg. lowagl=1450 highagl=1550 would mean that the spawning event would only be triggered when your aircraft is at about 1500m.

In the spawn xml files, the waypoints can have an altitude, so that the spawned aircraft appear at a defined altitude Alt=2000 would get the spawned aircraft spawning above the triggering aircraft, in the previous example.

If you are wanting to trigger spawned items that are not aircraft the same set of techniques could be used.

I sort of suspect that what Ted is after are not aircraft; more likely vehicle based items as the spawns but are of course triggered by aircraft.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Yes, it is possible to spawn facilities or vehicles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Purpose

Really want to know if sound files can be activated. I fully understand the function of the pieces after reading this. I want to know say if you have a radio beacon that emits a Morse signal and when a plane get close to it the signal will be "heard". We have lighted beacons that will always light but radio was used too.

TSK

I don't know how the sounds work.

You can spawn a facility at a designated location using lat/lon coordinates. This means, you can spawn a facility at the other side of the map to where the player aircraft is if you want.

Some facilities have sounsd (siren for example) but I have no idea on how does it work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Really want to know if sound files can be activated. I fully understand the function of the pieces after reading this. I want to know say if you have a radio beacon that emits a Morse signal and when a plane get close to it the signal will be "heard". We have lighted beacons that will always light but radio was used too.

TSK
    IIRC there is a working example in MAW. I think air raid sirens are triggered on airfields by incoming aircraft. If you look at the MAW sounds.xml, you will find the name of the air raid siren .wav file. Then I guess you could search the MAW effects.xml for the wav file reference, to see how the sound is embedded in the relevant effect. The airbase facilities may include a vehicle that triggers the siren. An AA gun vehicle, with a null_gun and a sound effect in the effects line, could do the trick.

The vehicle could either be embeded in the facility.xml file, or triggered by a spawning event. The embedding of the AA gun would be more reliable. The beauty of ETO is that every airbase has a unique name. You could create "corridors" where airbases lining the left of the corridor emit a certain sound, and airbases immediately on the right of the corridor emit a different sound.

Thanks

Will look to see!

Members who have read this thread: 0